Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unexpected Machine Code in iOS Build Warning

Level 2

Hi AEM developers,

Just submitted the new 2016.8 build and got this warning (NOT the error) email message from iTunes Connect:

Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery: 

Unexpected Machine Code - Your upload contains both bitcode and native machine code. When you provide bitcode, it's not necessary to include machine code as well. To reduce the size of your upload, use Xcode 7.3 or later, or any other toolchain that removes machine code.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.

Thanks

2 Replies

Employee

Thanks for posting this. It looks like this warning message just started surfacing and is impacting a number of iOS developers (not just AEM Mobile customers). I did a Google search on the message and some stackoverflow threads seem to indicate this is an apple bug. Regardless, we are keeping an eye on this.

Since it is a warning the app should get through to app review without issue.

Level 2

Thanks Nathan,

This is what I thought as the size of the app didn't grow substantially (what would happen in case of additional native machine code) compare to the previously submitted 2016.7 build. And yes, it doesn't affect submission of the build.