Expand my Community achievements bar.

This article is unavailable

Level 2

Background: We have a totally completed app with quite a few articles and collections throughout that works perfectly in our Preflight version. We have reached a point where we'd like to send out the app to a few hundred people within our clients organization for testing while we work on getting it published in the app store. Obviously, we'd like to send them the "Published" AEM version and keep the preflight to ourselves so we can edit as we need to over the next few weeks.

Problem: We've published all of the content and created a link with the same certificates we created the link for the Preflight app with but for some reason in the Published version, all articles are unavailable. (screenshot below) We can access all of the collections fine and all the images show up, but it's not recognizing that there are articles within these collections. There is only one article in the entire app that shows up and it's the on the main Browse Page only within that first collection.

Every article and collection within app has been published. I've tried unpublishing and republishing, but nothing works.

PLEASE help!

IMG_0062.jpg

3 Replies

Employee

First, check to make sure that your products are set to free (unless you offer some sort of entitlement in your app).

article_access.png

The "This article is not available" error message also appears if you link to an article that is not associated with a collection. Make sure that all articles are added to a published collection. (The published collection does not need to be in the top-level hierarchy.)

Level 2

That did it! I just needed to switch everything to Free.

Thank you so much for your quick response!

Employee

Glad it worked. If everything in your app is free, you should edit your project settings so that all new collections you create will be Free by default.

project_free.png