Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Team Identifier Prefix

Level 3

If been trying to sign my APP to view internally and I've ran into this problem.  Ive used the same Mobile Provision & Certificate for APP that I lunched in 2014 (classic) and both worked. Any thoughts on what the issue might be?

Thanks,

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 10.01.29 AM.png

13 Replies

Employee

Have you downloaded the newest version of the signing tool?

If you created the certificates in 2014, they have likely expired. Try updating the certificates in iTunes Connect (revoke and re-create).

Level 3

Yes, I've downloaded the AEM Mobil signing tool. I deleted the App and tried again. This time it worked, when trying to load it on the iPad, it just hangs and says its installing any thoughts?

Employee

If it just hangs during the install, that's usually because the device ID (UDID) isn't added to the mobile provision file. Check the mobile provision file settings in iTunes Connect to see if the device is included.

Level 3

Im thinking the reason might be that I have the Enable Preflight option turned on and im signing the app with a distribution certificate, Maybe?

Preview AEM Mobile content using AEM Preflight

Level 3

If I turn off Enable Preflight and submit, can I go back and turn it back on or is this a one time deal?

Employee

You can turn Enable Preflight on and off.

Some people prefer building two different apps, one for preflight and one for production.

Employee

To answer your previous question, you should not sign a preflight app with a distribution certificate. Under the hood, a preflight app is set as a development app, while a non-preflight app is set as a distribution app. You can sign either app type with either certificate. However, while there is a reason to sign a non-preflight (distribution) app with either a development certificate (for testing entitlement) or a distribution app (for submitting to the store), there is never a good reason to sign a preflight (development) app with a distribution certificate. If you submit a preflight/distribution app to the store, you can't control the visibility of your content through publishing—everything appears, including incomplete articles—and entitlement doesn't work.

Employee

I forgot to mention that you can't load the distribution-signed app onto your device. You can only do that with a development-signed app.

Level 3

Thanks for that info Bob. Im trying to sign this for a in-house distribution to internal iPads which will never see a iTunes store. The app will be distributed through air watch. What time of certificate and mobile provisioning should I be using?

Employee

To test an app, you need to use a development certificate and a mobileprovision file that includes the UDIDs of your devices. To distribute an app within your organization, you need to sign the app with an Enterprise certificate and mobileprovision file. Creating an using an Enterprise certificate requires an Enterprise iOS subscription with Apple ($299/yr instead of $99/yr).

Level 3

I have the developer certificate now. But my developer certificate and mobile provisioning will only work in the "adobe publishing signing tool", and not the "AEM signing tool" ?

When I do sign the app with the adobe publishing signing tool and upload the app to my ipad, its a very old version of the App, how is that possible ?

Level 3

Ive answered on of my questions about the app being a older version. I didn't know you had to publish the layouts, after I did that the App was up to the current version.

But, I still cant seem to figure out why the AEM signing tool wont work and the older version will.

Employee

I'm not sure why you can't use the AEM Signing Tool to sign the app. Are you specifying the correct mobileprovision file and password? You might want to contact Adobe support for troubleshooting help.