I am using Banners to link to web content that contain mailto: and tel: links. On iOS, these links work as they should. However, Android displays an error: "Web page not available net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME". When the same page is opened using the default Device Browser, the links work fine.
I tried to modify the config.xml in the root by adding <access origin="mailto:*" launch-external="true" /> and <access origin="tel:*" launch-external="true" />. I rebuilt the app using a custom shell with the modified config.xml and appropriate plugins. However, this didn't resolve the problem.
I am wondering if anyone has a come across a solution or workaround for this problem.