Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Proper use of Navto?

Level 2

I am struggling to fit an existing muse project into aem mobile. This particular project is a  29 pages total with each page linking to 3 additional pages. Each of those 3 pages will link to another 3 pages until the end of the site is reached. The idea is a choose your own path storybook type app, so that each page gives you 3 options (paths) to choose from and selecting any of those options presents a new page with yet another 3 options.

I understand the process to get each page into an article file. My problem comes with attempting to link the article files together. I would like to add the links in html on each page in muse before packaging up the article file, but so far I have not been successful. What is correct method of linking to an article file that has been uploaded into the content section of AEM?

For example - I have an article uploaded named jcMain (article name, not article title)

I have tried without success:

navto://[jcMain]

navto://article/[jcMain]

<a href="navto://jcMain">Main</a>

IOS seems to ignore the navto syntax (touching link does nothing) but will at east try to open the third option before giving a content not found error. Android tries to open any of the three with a content not found error.

What am I doing wrong?

I don't see a better option of fitting this particular content flow into collections and cards. Is this sort of navigation simply not suitable for DPS?

Thanks

4 Replies

Employee

Don't include the brackets. In an HTML article, either of the following formats should work:

<a href="navto://jcMain">Main</a>

<a href="navto://article/jcMain">Main</a>

I'm not sure why your third link isn't working. Are you certain that the article name is jcMain and not jcmain or something else?

article_name.png

Level 2

Thank you Bob, the second hyperlink option seems to be working now. Oddly enough, it only works using preflight on an iPad. When testing with preflight on an Android phone the links still report "download failed" This is after clearing the application data and cache on the android to force a fresh download of the changes. I appreciate you guiding me in the right direction.

Employee

If you have separate content for the phone and tablet (2 top level collections), make sure that your jcMain article is added to the phone structure.

Level 2

Right now the layout is set to default with one top level collection. I have not tried setting up a phone layout for this project.