Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem with object states in Indesign cc 2015

Level 2

Hi

I have created a layout in Indesign cc 2015 for iPad publishing.

Attached with this post, you will find two screenshots.

On screenshot 1 you will see the layout with four pictures.

I used object states in Indesign to zoom in on the images.

But the problem is that state 1 of the small pictures is visible on the zoomed image (screenshot 2).

Can anyone help me to find a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Pieter-Jan

1.PNG2.PNG

7 Replies

Employee

One option is to edit the button so that the [Click] state is invisible. That's the easiest approach. If that solution doesn't work, there are other approaches.

Level 2

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to make the click state invisible, but the problem still exists.

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 10.33.59.png

Employee

I don't see a difference between your [Normal] state and your [Click] state. Are you using an invisible button that covers the button area? Here's what my button looks like. When I tap the button, it displays the MSO state and is hidden from view. Again, if using the click state to hide the button doesn't work in your layout, there are other approaches, such as nesting buttons within MSO states.

hide_button.png

Level 6

Sounds like you're using multiple MSOs. You'd be far better off combining it all into one. The first state would have the four small images and then you'd have states for the large images. Buttons would need to be created in each state to either go back to state one from a large image or to display the large one.

Level 2

Now I created a state for the four small images en different stages for the large images. And this seems to be the solution.

But now the + signs of the small images are still visible when the large images is displayed.

Is there a possibility to solve this?

Employee

Group the + sign with each small image before you turn them into buttons.

Level 2

After grouping the + sign with each small image before I turned them into buttons, solved the problem.

Thanks for your help.