Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

PLEASE add editing Content from Collections!!!

Level 6

I'm sure it's been asked before, but I've often got multiple versions of the same article within my master project content list - as they've been designed in InDesign and we need a different version for Tablet vs Phone.  When you've gone through, updated content, and republished things all at the same time, it becomes very confusing as to which article is which without looking at the metadata as the surface names all must be identical, to ensure consistent UX.  However, if we could click into the Edit state from within our separated collections (iPhone main, as opposed to Tablet main, or whatever), it would make it much faster and easier to ensure the right articles are placed into the right collections! 

Thanks for the consideration!

-Tommy

2 Replies

Employee

yes, this is on our list. We are working on building an interface that makes it clear that when you "open" and article from within a collection that you are actually editing the article as it appears in every collection, not just the one in your current collection. Collections are really lists of "references" to articles, not a container of the actual articles themselves. Its a subtle difference but very important as we do not want users editing from within a collection and getitng confused as to why the article changes in other collections.

Level 6

I understand that. However, this is production software, and like in other "reference" or "container" software such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe AfterEffects, Adobe Premiere, etc, you are always able to "Edit Original" from your "collection". Seems like it would make sense to have that as an option within a collection.