Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Other articles disappear from collection when one is updated

Level 2

When we update one article in a collection, other articles are disappearing form the collection. They are always the last articles in the collection but the point from which they disappear is random - sometimes the first 4 remain, other times the first 10.

It seems to have been happening intermittently for a few months, but we only realised it wasn’t “user error” last week when we were updating all 50+ collections in our project.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

8 Replies

Level 2

Can we get your publication id so we can investigate.

Level 2

The publication ID is: 243b0f79-bd7e-4d5d-ab81-a0bd323c13ce

Thanks

Level 2

Do you have a timeframe which you noticed these missing articles from the collection?  Do you have the name of the collection as well that is missing the articles? 

Level 2

The first time it happened was in July, but at the time we assumed it was a mistake of ours.

More recently we've noticed it intermittently over the last 3 weeks.

It became really obvious last Monday 6 November, as we were updating all of the collections in the project, and it's been happening to around a quarter of them over the last week.

We've been going through and fixing them over the last couple of days. I'll update when we find the next collection that is missing articles.

Level 2

I've just had it happen in a different project: 5b6f0895-e24e-43a0-b7da-2bf2bd1ee8f2

I updated the collection image and the banner (1st item) in the following collection:

Travel Information & Essentials

TIE_travel_info_essentials_t

There were 5 items in the collection and now there is only 1.

Level 2

When I dig into the history of the collection TIE_travel_info_essentials_t I only ever see one child of the collection it it's history that being the TIE_NZ_travel_info_essentials_t collection.  There is another collection which is called TIE_travel_info_essentials_p that has a banner followed by 4 collections.

Could it have been that you happened to look at the "t" collection and not the "p" collection by mistake?

collections.png

Level 2

Sorry, my mistake, someone must have forgotten to add the rest of the items to that one (it should have 5 like the p collection). I'm very relieved that it's not also affecting this project!

We no longer have any collections that haven't been fixed by us but here is one that it happened to in the last week. Hopefully if you look at the history of them you'll be able to see it what has happened.

The publication ID is: 243b0f79-bd7e-4d5d-ab81-a0bd323c13ce

Title: Hawaii - USA

Name: ROA_USA_HAW_hawaii

Level 2

Hi, Another collection that this happened to on 13/14 Nov was:

Barcelona - Spain

ROA_EUR_BAC_barcelona

A lot of articles disappeared from the coolection including these two:

Sitges

ROA_EUR_BAC_sitges

Camp Nou

ROA_EUR_BAC_camp_nou