Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

[open discussion] iPad Pro: what are the implications?

Level 5

By now you have all heard that the iPad Pro is out.

What does this mean for DPS 2015? What does it mean for DPS classic?

Here are a couple of things to get started:

CARDS AND LAYOUTS

Will we need to create a card layout for the iPad pro? Scaling up may not always work as intended.

ARTICLE PAIRS (FORMERLY CALLED "SPREADS" * )

Now with a larger iPad, what about the possibility to show a pair of articles side by side when the iPad Pro is rotated to landscape mode?

I'm sure more things will come to mind.

Let's hear from the community!

* formerly called spreads by myself. I just coined "Article Pairs".

2 Replies

Employee

CARDS AND LAYOUTS

You won't need to create a special card layout for the iPad Pro. The iPad Pro will have a 4:3 aspect ratio like other iPads You might need to upload images with a higher resolution.

ARTICLE PAIRS

I'm not aware of any plans to support viewing articles side by side.

I'm also curious to see what 1024x768 articles look like on the iPad Pro. If the content is pixelated, it's possible that we'll want to create larger source articles, such as 2048x1536.

Employee

We've effectively supported the iPad Pro for years: look at our support on Windows

Seriously though, DPS content runs great on a Surface Pro which has a 4:3 aspect ratio and high resolution screen. 1024x768 articles look fine.

Neil