Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

OAM File Causing problems in DPS

Level 4

We are developing a responsive DPS app with web view enabled. And we have a few issues related to the OAM files that we created and exported from edge animate.

Problem A:

The .oam file scales on all phones and tablets correctly except the iPhone 6 Plus. As seen in the image the text that enters from the left and right is being cropped. The background image appears to be scaling correctly but the .oam that contains a transparent background gears, and text appears to be cropped or not scaling correctly. (red word Innovation being cropped)

IMG_5071.PNG

Problem B:

We are getting the following error with all OAM in web viewer:

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 1.02.05 PM.png

4 Replies

Employee

I asked someone on the viewer team to take a look at this.

Can you humor me and try this using HTML instead of .OAM? (In Edge Animate, export to HTML instead of OAM.) I don't think that will affect the iPhone 6 Plus problem but it might fix the web viewer problem. 

Level 4

Ok. looks like my team mate figured out problem 2. Here is his response:

OEM wasn't the problem, because everything is rendered in HTML and javascript (there is no actual .oem file in the bundle that becomes the article). The issue was that the web viewer forces everything into a strict mode, so I had to close a couple of tags in the html files for the animations. The cover and the Insight article both work now.

Now back to Problem 1 on iPhone 6 plus

Employee

Have you considered hosting the HTML and loading it in the mobile safari browser on your iPhone 6 plus? I'm wondering if there's a problem there as well.

Level 4

So our team is still fighting this iPhone 6 Plus issue. HTML article with animation for web not OAM. The animation is exported as HTML for web from edge. Then our web designer adjusts the CSS to center and align the animation for mobile and web devises. It aligns and scales correctly on all devices except iPhone 6+.

Anyone else dealt with this?

IMG_5103.PNG