Expand my Community achievements bar.

Navigation Errors in AEM Preflight

Level 1

Hello. We have a Folio that we built for DPS Classic that we are using to test the new AEM system. While the folio works perfectly in the old system, we are experiencing some pretty bad navigation errors when going through the collection in the new system. When tapping on the Cards in the browse page or the in-page links (all Articles are single-page HTML content), things are fine for a few taps, but after a bit, you start going to the wrong pages. Just one or two wrong hits at first, but it seems to build up and more and more errors keep happening until you are very lucky to go to the page you tapped on.

I would guess my code was at fault if it weren't for the Cards exhibiting the same behavior. Has anyone else seen this and found a way to fix it? Or should I log a bug (if so, where do I go to do that)?

Thanks!

-Derek

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi Derek,

is there a way for you to share which link-commands you are using? href, navto, window.location ?

What I also noticed in the new DPS(I will keep going on calling it like this for a few) is that since the browsepages are HTML too JavaScript code run within HTML-code has influence over the browsepage. I noticed it while I was setting a timer within an HTML article which would open an local PDF. When I would close the article within the timer-period the document would still open although I am on the browsepage again.

Level 1

All of my in-page links are using navto relative path links (i.e. href="navto://relative/first"). I cheat a bit because I am injecting a lot of my content through Javascript, where I create a new link with the correct path in the href, add it to the page, and then programmatically "click" the link.

Works just fine in the DPS Classic Adobe Content Viewer, but keeps breaking in the AEM Preflight app. I don't have a signing certificate or provisioning profile to create an app to test things in there, so this might not be an issue once published into an app.

Level 2

Did you try debugging the Preflight App with Safari? Tools - Safari for Developers - Apple Developer Maybe you can find out which event is fired when, of course only if the Preflight App let's you debug via Safari Web Inspector. If not: You will probably have to build a development app somehow. Adobe can you confirm this?

I really think the JavaScript links could be the problem. Do you have a folio to share? I would love to have a look - you can also PM me if you dont want to have it flying around.

Level 1

Unfortunately the Preflight app doesn't allow inspection through Safari. I'm following the instructions found here: Hyperlinks in AEM Mobile which is actually unchanged from the DPS Classic method. So, it appears to me that Adobe has some bugs to work out. These links worked just fine in DPS Classic (Adobe Content Viewer), so I really don't think it's my code.

I'm afraid I can't share the folio due to client confidentiality policy, but here is the code that sets up and triggers the links (I pass in a value like "first," "last," or a number):

setLink : function(setWhere) {

var jumpLink = document.createElement('a'),

linkHref = 'navto://relative/' + setWhere;

jumpLink.setAttribute('href',linkHref);

jumpLink.setAttribute('id','jumpLink');

document.body.appendChild(jumpLink);

setTimeout(function(){

document.getElementById('jumpLink').click();

},125);

},