Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

ios 10 update mailto: issue?

Level 1

hello -

we noticed on our app after updating to iOS 10, where we've used "mailto:" link method to open Mail app (or "gwmailto:' to open Good Work app), it has stopped working. apps do not launch when using these methods from html article any longer - still works fine on devices that have not updated to iOS 10.  is there an issue that's been identified with the recent update? thank you.

12 Replies

Employee

Thank you for sharing this. This isn't something we've encountered yet. I passed your post to the dev team so they can take a look.

Level 1

great, thanks Nathan! any update would be appreciated.

Level 1

I updated my ios10 sofware on Apple I phone 6 plus and thereafter updated adobe app which had approx 70-80gb of pdf books and now I'm not able to open the app at all thus im not able to carry on with what I use adobe for and months of my effort seems to have gone down the drain .

im aware this post might not be the one for this problem but can anyone help me .thanks

Level 1

Similar issues for us.  Updated to IOS10 and can not open the Adobe Acrobat app to access our info.  This is a huge issue for us as our techs use this app to submit reports so that calls can be billed.  need a fix!

Level 1

Hi Nathan - just wanted to check to see if this is indeed an issue, can you please let me know if you've heard back from dev? thanks.

Employee

I do not have confirmation yet from the team.

Regarding the performance of Acrobat on iOS 10, that is unrelated to the AEM Mobile product. I did some searching on the forums and there is a forum thread here where a support agent acknowledged the problem. You may want to follow up on that thread: Acrobat Reader won't open with iOS 10 on an iPad

Employee

The team came back to me and said they could not reproduce the issue. If you private message me the exact scenario, including the mailto link you have created, that might help them in diagnosing the problem.

Level 1

hey Nathan - just wanted to follow up on this. i think we've determined that it is a problem with launching the Good Work app. mailto: does in fact still work for us, but our methods using gwmailto: or gmmailto: have stopped working. opening a ticket with Blackberry to pursue the issue. thanks

Employee

I see. Thanks for letting me know, I've passed details on to the team.

Level 1

Latest adobe update has caused problems again for me being able to access my large amount of files . Adobe opens one minute then it closes so I dont have enough time to read my files . Can anybody help?

Employee

You should follow up on the Acrobat forums. This forum tracks Adobe Experience Mobile.