We did all the steps of the font-manifest (https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-publishing-solution/help/cards-layouts.html#fonts-cards), but we are unable to upload our fonts on our build. We read the last topic about it and we followed the steps indicated by Andrei, but without success.
"When creating the manifest, please make sure the json file is actually named "font-manifest.json". If you name it fonts.json, fonts won't be baked in the app properly and won't work. (this was the problem this time around) We're looking at "manifest-free"
Here is our manifest: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6g4i7to7f1ojrc9/font-manifest.json?dl=0
Could you help us?
I took all you font-manifest.json text and copied it into a couple different online online JSON validator tools and they all came back invalid. It looks like there are a number of hidden characters that is causing the failure. The first three hits with this query return some tools: json validator.
To clear up these hidden characters you should format the JSON as a plain text file. I hope this helps. If not, I suggest contacting support, this may be specific to the font files.
You're right, it was the file. The problem with the validator tool you suggested is that it doesn't highlight hidden characters, so it's basically only helpful by telling me that my JSON file sucks. I did find this validator tool, however, that not only highlights the hidden characters but even allows me to edit the file while testing it: http://codebeautify.org/jsonvalidate
Now my fonts are working great.
Thank you for looking at it, RichinZ I'm really not sure where the problem lies. Makes me think it's something in the setup of the cards, even though I've double & triple checked those. I'm sure an answer will present itself soon enough. But that being said, if anyone else has any ideas, I'm open to hearing them!
Hello Nathan Marroquin
Sorry if this is already answered, but I've read the entire thread and don't see anyone having a similar problem.
I've validated my JSON file using several tools, so I'm sure that it's at least valid. I've double-checked that the friendly names I've given my fonts are the same that I'm using in my Cards. And yet, my fonts will not apply in my app. Is there something else I could be missing? Here's the .zip file. I'm sure it's something obvious I've overlooked, just don't have another set of eyes to see it.
Do you mind taking a look at it?
I just heard back from support and it looks like the installable font problem isn't just at the app level.
According to support I can't use the fonts in an HTML article on Windows if they don't have the correct permission to install (just like you mentioned above).
I guess it's time to contact the font designer.
For Windows it's possible your fonts are tagged with a setting that indicates they can't be embedded, and if that's the case the Windows OS won't load them in our app. You can verify this by looking at the font properties in Windows (right click on the font file, select properties, details tab) and look at the font embeddability field.
I'm also having this problem. I've been working on it for the last day and can't get anywhere.
Here is our manifest: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19036466/font-manifest.json
FYI, I'm building an iOS App running on iOS 9.