Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Failed to test new app

Level 1

Hi.

Today, I signed up for the new DPS 2015 beta. I'm really exited and looking forward to build the first test-app. But: After I created and signed my new app (everthing so far went fine), the next step to install it on my device, doesn't seem to work. When dropping the app in iTunes, the app icon is missing and the installation failes. I also tried to install it over the air, but that didn't work either. Any ideas what could be the point? I used existing App IDs, Bundle IDs, certificates and mobile provisions.

Best regards,

Dennis

4 Replies

Employee

Just to make sure, did you use the DPS Signing Tool to sign the app after it was downloaded from iTunes? Are you positive the mobileprovision file you used has your device ID in it?

Neil

Level 1

I used the DPS Signing Tool after I downloaded the app from the online platform. Afterwards I dropped the signed app into iTunes. Yes, my device is in the list. I tested several devices to get clear, if somethings wrong with my device. But all canceled the installation.

Employee Advisor

Something similar happened to me while I was using the same App IDs, the install starts and then the icon jumped and disappeared when finished.

My previous DPS App was a Newsstand one .. and that's where I found the new App (it effectively replaced the previous one on the device).

Not sure if that applies to you but thought I'd mention it

Employee

Dennis, Christophe's idea may just be the thing. Is the existing app a Newsstand app? If so, check in your Newsstand folder.

Neil