Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Export and upload articles

Level 2

The removal of Folio Builder from Indesign CC has created a huge bottleneck in our production workflow for an already diminished and our over worked design teams, there has to be a better method for exporting Indesign documents with multiple alt layouts as article files and then uploading to AEM. It is so cumbersome and bureaucratic we are seriously looking at another platform for authoring.

I know there was a brief answer awhile back about coming up with an easier method for the above but this seems to have disappeared or stalled. Feels like all the work went into the publishing side but nothing into the actual conduits from the authoring, Folio Builder was very useful for us to upload and preview content quickly, how hard can it be to script this or make the process easier in terms of settings and multiple layouts or multiple documents.

4 Replies

Level 6

AEM doesn't use the folio builder. That's for DPS classic workflows only.

Level 2

Yes, I have been using DPS and AEM for awhile, and clued into that, my question is about smoothing out the export and upload process for our designers and whether its scriptable, not whether we can use Folio Builder for AEM.

Level 3

I discussed this several months ago with several Adobe folks at Adobe MAX.  The workflow for adding a large number of articles is oppressive!  What we have done for now is to build them in DPS and then Migrate to AEM.  The issue then is that most of the meta data entered in DPS is not passed on to AEM.  Also have requested the ability to pass on metadata from DPS to AEM... silence.

Level 2

Grant - YES this is exactly what we are doing and it's incredibly slow and backassward, tracking filenames, re-input of metadata when it was working much better in the previous DPS, designers don't have time for the bureaucracy that AEM has concocted. We can't preview easily, we now have 3 magazines being done in the process you described because to try and do it thru CC and AEM is just too painful. We need this streamlined not another set of hurdles to cross, limited staffing, limited resources and not a chance to increase either given the present publishing industry contraction.