Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

DPS 2015 tools for InDesign – nothing new for designers

Level 1

Just downloaded the new DPS tools for InDesign CC 2015 and to be honest I'm disappointed to find that they're exactly the same as the previous version (apart from you can export to the DPS article format). I was wowed by what you could achieve from a design point of view in the previous version but this isn't the case with the new DPS. I was hoping for some HTML integration so you could create text animations and create live social media feeds. Is this something that is coming in the next release?

5 Replies

Level 6

Nothing changes on the InDesign side.

HTML articles are responsive. The big changes are in the app itself and publishing methods.

Employee

Hi Richard,

We've made significant investments in browse pages, card templates, and layouts, in DPS 2015. Those bring a whole set of new design options to our customers to create app experiences without having to write code. While those tools are in the web portal instead of InDesign they are still a huge new benefit for designers working on mobile app development.

From an HTML standpoint, as Bob mentions, HTML articles now fill the screen regardless of the device you're on. This enables designers to make responsive content in the HTML authoring tool of their choice and then view them in a DPS 2015 app.

Neil

Level 3

We really like 2015 and the great flexibility.  If you have ever tried to create Custom Storefront/Libraries you know what this means.  The legacy DPS was quick and easy. While the flexibility is beautiful, there is a price to pay.  The first App we have built has taken us 20x as long and is still exactly the way we want it. If Adobe had some standard templates to work with, that would enhance the user experience dramatically.   We create many Apps for our customers, and it will be a challenge time-wise, until we can create some 'templates' and clone them, instead of building everything from scratch.  We have been with DPS nearly from the beginning and understand that development and maturity comes with time.  Looking forward to seeing a roadmap maybe at Max for 2015.

Grant Fritch

Walsworth

Employee

The ability to copy layouts, cards, etc. is definitely something on our to do list. I want it too ☺

Neil

Level 2

I would have killed for some Dreamweaver or Muse templates for the app builder!