yeah, this one is a bit odd and beyond me i'm afraid.
the templates and depend files are all housed on the client's (our) hosting service so i assume it makes a request to either the adobe or studio mercury servers and expects some sort of reply that never comes... Possibly looking for updates...
we had an "issue" open on studio mercury's gethub site for about a month with no response or action as far as i could tell.
thanks for your reply. because i'm testing, i've been keeping it very simple. i haven't even uploaded an article; just trying to create and edit w/in wordpress.
1. log into WordPress site
2. in the left nav, select the [Digital Publishing] option
3. in the new left nav, select the [Articles] option
4. at the top of the screen, click the [+] (plus or add) button to create a new article
5. type in a unique article name, and in the lower right corner of the dialog, select the [Create] button
note: at this point, the dialog disappears, a spinning vertical line shows up in the middle of the screen for a moment then disappears. the top of the screen fades in a green header bar that says "Success"
6. in the main section of the screen, select the article by clicking anywhere on the row
7. from the top menu, select  and from the drop down select [wordpress]
8. in the text box in the middle of the screen, i paste some dummy text
9. in the upper right corner, ensure the template is set to the default article.php
10. below this, select the [Update] button
11. at the top, ensure i have received the "Post Updated" confirmation banner
12. in the left nav, select the [Digital Publishing] option
13. in the new left nav, select the [Articles] option
14. in the main section of the screen, select the article by clicking anywhere on the row
15. ensure preview is what i would expect
16. from the top right menu, select [cloud] and then from the drop down menu select "create in the cloud" (the only option available)
note: at this point, an orange banner appears at the top of the page saying "creating article" for a few seconds and then is replaced by a green banner that says "the article has been created in the cloud"
17. from the top right menu, select [Properties]
18. fill in properties of article as normal (meta and article image)
19. from the top right menu, select [Save]
note: at this point, an orange banner appears for a second and then is replaced by a green banner that says "Article saved successfully"
20. from the top right menu, select [cloud] and then from the drop down, select "Update ALL" (top/first option)
note: at this point, an orange banner appears for a second saying that it is "pushing the meta, article and contents to the cloud" and then is replaced by a green banner that says "meta, folio and contents have been successfully updated in the cloud"
at this point, I move to the DPS site, login, and select the "Content" option from the left menu - here i find a Status of "Upload Failed" in red
please let me know if you need any other info or if i missed something. Really appreciate your help!
What is the process you are following when trying to upload the article?
I generally following this workflow -
Import Post as DPS Article from posts page.
Go to Digital Publishing Plugin list of articles.
Click on article to edit it.
(try deleting internal keywords and normal keywords, seen issues with this before)
Go to images and make sure the appropriate thumbnail is selected.
Under the cloud menu, first select "Create in Cloud" (should see green success) - This just creates the record in the DPS dashboard.
Then Update All - This uploads the .article file.
Also make sure in the settings for the plugin that you have the right project selected with the radio button.
I ran a quick test and it seems to work fine for me.I can create an article and upload it to the DPS2015 platform from the Wordpress interface.
Have you got API access with a Client ID and Secret, Device ID and Token?
In any case you should log a ticket through the Studio Mercury Support page: https://github.com/StudioMercury/digital-publishing-tools-for-wordpress/issues
[Edit]: I see you probably have already
If you get this error within DPS, you may want to try and download the article file from the Wordpress interface and then try and upload that content file into a new article for testing purposes.
Will you post the .article in question? I suspect you're ending up with some funky characters in one or more filenames that mismatch how they're displayed in the manifest. This took me forever to troubleshoot the other day (not using the Wordpress plugin), and seeing the .article should definitely show the problem...
thanks for your help! we are making progress. It still isn't working but at least i'm getting errors now (below).
Failed. Could not perform action (push_entity). This is embarrassing, something unexpected happened and we don't have an answer. [ Show Raw Response ]
HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
HTTP/1.1 504 GATEWAY_TIMEOUT
So, I made sure the content wasn't excessive. the image is 500px square and takes up about 50k. there was only one small sentence so i don't that should be the issue.
Next, I checked the server error logs:
[20-Jan-2016 20:15:57 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in [REDACTED]/wp-content/plugins/digital-publishing/classes/cms-modules/wordpress/dpsfa-cms-wordpress-cpt-article.php on line 185
[20-Jan-2016 20:15:57 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: sendback in [REDACTED]/wp-content/plugins/digital-publishing/classes/cms-modules/wordpress/dpsfa-cms-wordpress.php on line 586
[20-Jan-2016 20:17:24 UTC] PHP Warning: file_get_contents([REDACTED]😞 failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required in [REDACTED]/wp-content/plugins/digital-publishing/classes/dpsfa-bundlr.php on line 3341
[20-Jan-2016 20:17:24 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: html in [REDACTED]/dps/wp-content/plugins/digital-publishing/classes/dpsfa-bundlr.php on line 3390
I see that the plugin is only supported until an earlier version of Wordpress so i did a fresh install w/ 4.3.2 to make sure that wasn't the issue. What version of Wordpress are you running? i've tried both the latest and v4.3.2.
Thanks for the response! I do have the API key and did download the file for upload into DPS (which i should have mentioned...sorry) and got the same error.
Since I had access to the .article file, I cracked it open and took a look inside...it only contained the manifest, which appears to be incomplete.
From what I can tell, the files are not being generated properly by the wordpress plugin...so, yeah, I submitted a ticket to Studio Mercury and am waiting to hear back. I was hoping it was something that someone else had run into already and there was an easy fix. While I wait, I think i will check some log files...