Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Development Site getting stuck on creating Mobile Provision step.

Level 2

Trying to create a new Mobile Provision file for the "Launch" tutorial app, but the development site keeps getting stuck on "loading" and goes no further.

Also, just as general feedback for Adobe. This step seems unnecessary if a mobile provision file has already been created for another app. Doesn't it seem logical that If I've developed on app and tested it on my ipad, that I would test a second one on the same ipad?

And by the way, so what if it was on a different ipad? This is a very labor intensive process that costs me money. this isn't some kind of scam i've got going to sneak around, installing a test app on all kinds of different ipads. Security is good if you need it, but if you don't, could there be a skeleton key that either bundles the application, Mobile provision file, p12 certificate, and Certificate password into one thing, OR if it is so important, separates them out better so that each task is handled one at a time?

4 Replies

Employee

Keep in mind that if you use the same mobile provision files for different apps, you can install only one of those apps on a device at a time. That's usually fine for test apps, but it might throw you off if you use the mobile provision file of an app that's in the store. Your test app will replace the previous version. I created a few App IDs and mobile provision files for testing purposes.

Level 2

Thank you for answering- I got this from the "Step by step guide to DPS" PDF, page 37. is this not the case any more?

"Unlike the p12

certificates, which can be reused for multiple apps, the mobileprovision files must be recreated

for each new app you design."

So why does the app icon still say "installing" on my ipad and never goes any further? I was reading a similar comment stream that said the mobile provision files were the problem. but now I can neither get the app to install on the ipad, nor generate a new M.P.F. through the developer site, because that is getting stuck, too.

Employee

I was wrong and deleted my message Bob is right.

If you still see "installing" on your ipad it either means you don't have your device ID in the .mobileprovision file, or your certificates are invalid.

Neil

Level 2

So how do I make sure that the Certificates are Valid?

And how do I make sure that the Device ID (Is that the same as a UDID?) is in the mobile provision file? especially if that page will still not load on the development site?