Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Collection linking question...

Level 3

Going to try my best to explain this one...

I have an article in both the default collection and the home collection that, of course, resides in the default collection. When I code up a button using goto://FolioNavigation/lastview it works when the article is accessed from the home collection but not when the article is accessed from the default collection (hamburger menu). Conversely, when I code up that same button using navto://collection/iPhone_main it works when the article is accessed from the default collection (hamburger menu) but not when the article is accessed from the home collection. Another issue with the second scenario is that once you tap the button and go back into the iPhone_main collection, the back arrow is present next to the hamburger menu...ideally, you'd only see the hamburger menu here. Is there a "magic bullet" button that works when accessed from both collections?

Thanks.

6 Replies

Employee

What are you trying to do with your "lastview" button? The "lastview" button works the same as the Back button in the nav bar—it jumps to the most recent page from which you tapped (not swiped). What do you want to do with your "magic bullet" button?

Level 3

Hey Bob,

I guess it's a bit hard to explain. The issue is if I have an article in the hamburger menu and that same article in the home collection, I need a button on that article that takes me back to the main browse page that's displayed initially. Right now, I can't get a button to work in both scenarios. The "lastview" works when that article is accessed from the home collection, but does not work when that article is accessed directly from the hamburger menu.

Employee

I think creating a button with goto://ApplicationViewState/library is what you're looking for. That will take you back to your home collection. Another option is to use navto://collection/collection_name to jump to whichever collection you want to target. Do either of those options work?

Level 3

goto://ApplicationViewState/library works when accessing the article from the home collection but not when accessing the article from the hamburger menu. And, navto://collection/collection_name works the opposite and also creates a constant loop between that article and the home collection. In other words, once you tap that back button in the article, it takes you back to the home collection and adds the back arrow next to the hamburger menu, which takes you right back to that article. I know it all sounds confusing, but it doesn't seem like there's a "magic bullet" as I'm calling it.

Employee

The only other thing I can think of is to try navto://relative/parent, but I don't think that's your magic bullet either.

Level 3

No...we've tried that as well. Really frustrating. At this point, we're just not going to include the articles in the hamburger menu, which is less than ideal, but we don't see any other way to fix this issue.