Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Collection Content Not Staying Downloaded on iPads

Level 1

We are experience problems with a several of our sales team where they download all the content in the collection, receive the check mark, are out in the field and then will lose all the content and have to redownload the collection again. I have been unable to recreate it on my end with our iPads but there have been enough cases of this happening that I am needing to dig into it and figure out the problem. Any ideas as to why content would be purged from the app after it has already been downloaded?

Thanks.

9 Replies

Level 2

Hello,

Is the downloaded content entitled? If so, are you using your own entitlement server. I am also curious to know which version of the AEMM iOS Viewer you are running on.

Cheers,

Johnson

Level 1

Content is not entitled, not sure how to check the version of AEMM iOS Viewer.

Employee

Hi vivinti44457106

Generally, content only gets removed from a device if the device determines it needs the space - and it reclaims it silently (out of the control of the app). Are those devices low on space?

I would suggest you work with customer care and they should be able to guide you into getting the version details and ask additional questions that might help unravel your situation.

Level 1

We are experiencing the same error here with entitled contents on all iPads.

Once all videos are downloaded and available and you close the app, upon restart you will need to download everything again.

My device has only 10GB out of 64GB used, so I do not think this happens due to low space.

Employee

Hi there,

What version of the iOS viewer are you using? There was a fix in the 2018.5.1 version that fixed a problem with entitled content.

thanks,

Darren

Level 1

Thanks, Darren, for the tip. Indeed that fixed our problems.

Would be nice if the link inside the AEMM dashboard would point to the CURRENT release notes instead of the HISTORY that ends with 2017.4.1 :/

Level 2

Hi Chris,

I checked the Support section of the portal.  The Bug fix release notes for Adobe Experience Manager Mobile link seems to point to the correct bug fix documentation: https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-publishing-solution/release-note/bug-fix-release-notes.html.

In the Release Notes section of the Welcome screen (under Help ?) there is a bug fix release notes which links to it too.

The update Darren is speaking of was considered a bug fix, so it was documented under that documentation page.

Sorry for any confusion.

Level 1

Well, not in the german version.

It seems like there is no german version of the up-to-date release notes. So the portal instead links to Versionshinweise zur Fehlerbehebung für Adobe Experience Manager Mobile which only shows the iOS-Hotfix 2017.4.01

Employee

I hate to use the word "oops", but I will... we'll get this addressed. Thanks for pointing this out.