Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Can we implement login and logout functionality in DPS 2015

Level 1

Hi

Could any one please help in implementing login and logout functionality in DPS 2015. Its urgent as part of POC.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Vamshi

6 Replies

Level 3

Hi Vamshi,

yes, if you active the "direct entitlement"-function inside the project-Settings.

But when you do this, you will need an Entitlement-Server for authentication.

Here you will get some informations:

schaffrath Entitlement Server for the Adobe Digital Publishing Solution

I hope this will help you.

Best regards,

Lars

Level 1

Thank you Lars for quick reply. Really appreciate.

If we already have an existing authentication server can we configure with DPS?

Lets say there is xyz website (which is in AEM ) where they want to make use of DPS 2015 for publishing their content at the same time they want to authenticate using their LDAP/ID server and then show the content based on the role. Is this achievable if yes could you please know if it is code level change or configuration?

Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks,

Vamshi

Level 3

If you got already an authentication server, this server has to interact with the adobe servers via API.

When you publish your content via Web and App, the App has to be set up with an entitlement-server. Without this you won´t be able to publish protected content inside the App. The Entitlement-Server could get the User-Informations from your LDAP-System.

When you do it like this, the scenario would be like this (for example):

• You publish protected content in Web and App.
  • In Web: User Logs in and your LDPA-Server checks if he should get access.
  • In App: User Logs in, App send a request to entitlement-Server, Entitlement-Server send a request to your LDAP, Entitlement-Server gives Feedback to the app (access/no access)

I hope this is understandable

Best regards!

Lars

Level 1

Thank you Lars that is very good explanation. Let me work on that.

Thanks,

Vamshi

Level 1

Thank you Bob.

Bob, if you can help with another question which i already posted in a separate thread. Its urgent actually we are doing a POC to make call from DPS cloud to AEM author instance by writing a javascript call but we are getting cross domain error "Access-Control-Allow-Origin".

Really appreciate your help.

How can i make call to AEM author instance from DPS 2015