Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can any one tell me how we can build the apk file for aem mobile app using aem developer tool and how we can deploy on mobile device

Former Community Member

Can any one tell me how we can build the apk file for aem mobile app using aem developer tool and how we can deploy on mobile device if any one know please help me i am stuck totally ??

20 Replies

Employee

You need to use the developer tool to build the .apk file, and then you upload that .apk file when building the Android app in the On-Demand Portal. Instructions are here: Use Cordova plug-ins in AEM Mobile

Let us know if you have any questions.

Former Community Member

Hey Thanks for the response i have follow the same step which was mention in this Use Cordova plug-ins in AEM Mobile​​  post and i am able to sign that unsigned apk file and when i install that apk file in android device(version 4.5 above)when i  open app nothing will be display on app. That's the problem i am facing if you have any idea please let me know.

I have attached the image of my project folder please check it and let me know what i am missing ?Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (10).png

Employee

If I'm not mistaken, you're expecting your Android app to display the contents of your local test files. When you created articles using the Developer Tool, you effectively created a testing sandbox. If those articles work properly in your testing, you need to create those articles and upload the article files to the On-Demand Portal (https://aemmobile.adobe.com). You also need to publish the articles and collections and make sure that your content is properly set up. Have you done that?

Employee Advisor

Hi Kaustubh, the articles you have in your local project only exist on your computer. In order to seem them in your app on your device you need to upload these articles in the AEM Mobile On-Demand Services portal. This article explains how to package the articles for upload.

Create HTML articles for AEM Mobile

After you upload the articles you will want to Preflight your app to see the articles.

As a side-note. You ONLY need to create your APK with the command line developer tools IF you plan on using custom cordova plugins as part of your app.

Former Community Member

Hey Bob Bringhurst

I created the Android app on on demand portal and upload the apk file i have to add the article file again in that app and i have not publish the article because in my trail account i don't give me permission to publish ?

I want to share one thing when i upload the article file on demand portal enable the preflight i get the content in my app so is preflight is mandatory ?

Former Community Member

Hey Ivan Mironchuk

So i have to again upload the Article files when building the App on demand portal ?

Employee Advisor

Yes, the articles on your desktop are only for testing in the simulator. The On-Demand portal is where all content is served from.

Former Community Member

Hey  Ivan Mironchuk I am building the AEM IOS App but when I run the aemm build ios my build is not getting success and I am getting this Error AppDelegate.h file not found in Push Noitification do you have any idea how to solve this ?

Employee Advisor

Hi Kaustubh, does the build succeed without the custom plugins? Which custom plugins are you using?

Former Community Member

Hey I am using this plugin

cordova plugin add phonegap-plugin-push --variable SENDER_ID="XXXXXXX" for push Notification.

Yes My build get succeed without custom plugins. Issue is when I use the push notification plugin, then I build the App my build get failed and I got this Error message.

AppDelegate+notification.h:9:9: fatal error:

'AppDelegate.h' file not found

Do you have any idea for push notification plugin for IOS.?

Level 1

Hey  Ivan Mironchuk​ did you have any did related  to this issue please reply as soon as possible because my IOS app is pending due to this push notification plugin please help me .

Thanks.

Hey I am using this plugin

cordova plugin add phonegap-plugin-push --variable SENDER_ID="XXXXXXX" for push Notification.

Yes My build get succeed without custom plugins. Issue is when I use the push notification plugin, then I build the App my build get failed and I got this Error message.

AppDelegate+notification.h:9:9: fatal error:

'AppDelegate.h' file not found

Do you have any idea for push notification plugin for IOS.?

Employee Advisor

Kaustubh, is there any reason why you wouldn't just use the built-in Push Notifications that come with AEM Mobile? No additional work needed. No additional licensing needed. There is even an API that can be used to programmatically send notifications

Level 1

Hey thanks a lot Ivan Mironchuk for the response.

Can you please give me the link for the API that you talking about ?

Thanks

Employee Advisor

Here is the help docs on using Push Notifications in AEM Mobile:

Send push notifications for AEM Mobile apps

At the moment the UI for sending notifications only works with iOS apps (Android is coming soon)

Using the API you can target Android or iOS. Sample docs on the Notifications API is here:

Integrating third-party systems with AEM Mobile

The sample download is here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-publishing-solution/help/integrating-dps/_jcr_content/main-pars/down...

Level 1

Hey Ivan Mironchuk I have to  send notification through Amazon SNS this build-in AEM will work ?

Employee Advisor

Using Amazon SNS with an AEM Mobile app would be difficult, as we default to using our own push notification infrastructure. It might be possible, but I'm not sure how you would go about doing it. You'd basically have to proxy the notification from Amazon through our service...

If you really need to use Amazon SNS for your push notifications you might want to look into creating a PhoneGap application, which you can manage within AEM. You can also then integrate the Adobe Marketing Cloud Mobile Services SDK in your app for Adobe Analytics etc.

Level 1

Hey Ivan Mironchuk I have created the phone gap application and also integrated the push notification plugin but somehow plugin is not supported by the AEM that's the problem

Employee Advisor

I think there might be some confusion the AEM Mobile Platform consists of different ways to create apps:

1) PhoneGap app managed by AEM - Allows you to create Cordova webviews in the hybrid app to sync content from AEM. Push notifications as well as all application chrome and navigation needs to be developed. Can work with any PhoneGap or Cordova plugin

2) AEM Mobile application - Native application - managed through aemmobile.adobe.com. Allows for content sync from AEM and has support for core cordova plugins as well as most custom plugins. Push Notifications and Analytics are BUILT-IN.

Level 1

Hey Ivan Mironchuk​ I am packaging the custom cordova plugin using this command

aemm package ios /Users/jdoe/Downloads/coffee_2062.ipa

after that I am getting message that

Custom plugins successfully packaged into application binary

but when I look into the ipa file plugin is not added there can you please figure out what I am missing ? and also when I am trying to build the App for Device using this command

aemm build ios --device,

I am getting this error

CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED must be set to NO in order to build for device.

How can I resolve this issue do you have any idea ? I am looking forward for your reply.

Thanks

Kaustubh Mishra