Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Audio when phone is silent

Level 2

I've created an app with several videos, some embedded and some linked to Vimeo, and I would like the audio for them to play when the device is set to silent. I've seen other apps where the audio from the video plays regardless if the ringer is turned on or off, but no idea how to make that happen. Any help would be appreciated.

8 Replies

Employee

Is this on iOS or Android? On iOS the audio does continue to play even if I switch the ringer to off.

Level 2

It's on iOS, iPhone 6, iphone 6s, and an iPad. All 3 play the videos without sound with the ringer switch switched to silent.

Employee

That's odd, the examples I looked at don't mute the video's audio track. You are embedding the links into an iframe?

Level 2

It's got me baffled right now too, the articles were created in InDesign for DPS 2015 originally.

Employee

I don't have that exact scenario set up so I can't validate it, but I asked some colleagues to take a look.

Employee

Thanks, this is helpful.

One thing I noticed, the version you have is 2015.6, which we released in October. Have you tried your content in the most recent build (2016.4)?

Level 2

I don't believe we have, I'll look into that