Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Android Content not showing - Works on iOS

Level 1

Problems with Android version of published content.

Our app is published and working fine on iOS but when I build for Android I don’t see any content in the final app.  The content displays correctly when viewed with the Android version of AEM Preflight, but the signed app only shows a white screen after loading. 

What am I doing wrong?

5 Replies

Employee

I suspect that you when you built your iOS app you checked the box "Enable preflight", and when you built the Android app you did not check that box.

If this is the case then the iOS app will display all unpublished content, and Android will only show Published content. If you have not published any content then nothing will show up in the app.

Ironically, you may have built your iOS app incorrectly. If your intention was to build an app that showed published content then rebuild your iOS app.

In terms of the workflow, make sure that you have published your content by selecting the appropriate collections, articles, etc. and clicking the publish button.

Level 1

No our iOS app was built with enable preflight off.  Our content is only visible on the iOS app when we publish it.  I have also tried creating the Android app with both preflight enabled and disabled and the result is the same.

Employee

Does your project have one or two top-level collections? If your project has two TLCs, one possibility is that you have set everything up properly for the tablet but not for the phone. This would make sense if you're looking at the app on an iPad and an Android phone.

Level 1

Looking at the app on iOS tablet and Android tablet.  We only have published for tablet with one published top-level collection but I notice there is a default for phone (which can't be deleted). Could the empty phone default top-level collection be causing the problem?

Employee

That would be my guess. I assume the device you're using is a "phablet" that is considered a phone. If you add the same structure to the "Default Phone" collection that you added to the "Default Tablet" collection and publish everything, it should work.