Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

What are the Advantage of AEM Forms Over Normal Forms

Level 4

Hi,

I have requirement like creating a form similar to (bankbazaar.com personal loan form). I can implement the form using HTML5 and jQuery. But what are the advantages of using AEM to create the form?

Suppose, If I am implementing the same form in AEM, I will use HTML5 and will keep scripts in clientlibs and will replicate the same logic in AEM. but frankly, I am not getting the benefit of using AEM Forms here.

Please help me out to get proper view of using AEM Forms.

Regards,

Krishh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Krish

Let me re-phrase the question:- AEM Forms vs AEM out-of-box Form Component | Which should be preferred and what are the pros and cons?

Answer:- It depends on your use case, if you have one or two simple forms where you want to capture 5 fields of information then the OOTB forms would suffice.  However if you have this requirement, moderately complex, and/or complex forms then AEM Forms would be a better solution.  Here are some of the details as to why I make this statement:

1)  Form model capabilities - being able to bind a form to a schema or XDP form for ease of back end integration

2) Rule builder as an example of being able to add logic to a form without the requirement of scripting including access to web services

3) Document of record - in many cases upon submission of data there is a desire to create an archive of the submission, AEM Forms can create PDF and PDF/A documents by utilizing OOTB services and either no or little coding

4) If you have a need for adding attachments to the form and using them as part of archive or welcome kit - AEM Forms OOTB can convert other document types to PDF and then combine these documents together along with page numbering, table of contents, bookmarks ect....

5) Batch capabilities - perhaps you have a requirement to merge data onto a template and produce print output that's directed to printer or bulk PDF creation

6) OOTB correspondence management capabilities to manage documents such as contracts

7) A much richer set of components that come OOTB to ensure the best possible user experience

8) One click Marketing Cloud integration - easily add in Analytics, Adobe Sign, Target using the built in Forms Manager

9) Sophisticate form capabilities such as form fragments, form sets, lazy loading - these all ensure ease of form authoring and ensure a high performing user experience

10) Forms Manager to manage all your forms - dictionary translation, initiate review and comment, find relationships between forms and form fragments ect....

The above is a limited list of all the reason to select one implementation versus another but I wanted to at least give you some food for thought.  If you need more detail let me know.

I would request you to please have a look at this post:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Krish

Let me re-phrase the question:- AEM Forms vs AEM out-of-box Form Component | Which should be preferred and what are the pros and cons?

Answer:- It depends on your use case, if you have one or two simple forms where you want to capture 5 fields of information then the OOTB forms would suffice.  However if you have this requirement, moderately complex, and/or complex forms then AEM Forms would be a better solution.  Here are some of the details as to why I make this statement:

1)  Form model capabilities - being able to bind a form to a schema or XDP form for ease of back end integration

2) Rule builder as an example of being able to add logic to a form without the requirement of scripting including access to web services

3) Document of record - in many cases upon submission of data there is a desire to create an archive of the submission, AEM Forms can create PDF and PDF/A documents by utilizing OOTB services and either no or little coding

4) If you have a need for adding attachments to the form and using them as part of archive or welcome kit - AEM Forms OOTB can convert other document types to PDF and then combine these documents together along with page numbering, table of contents, bookmarks ect....

5) Batch capabilities - perhaps you have a requirement to merge data onto a template and produce print output that's directed to printer or bulk PDF creation

6) OOTB correspondence management capabilities to manage documents such as contracts

7) A much richer set of components that come OOTB to ensure the best possible user experience

8) One click Marketing Cloud integration - easily add in Analytics, Adobe Sign, Target using the built in Forms Manager

9) Sophisticate form capabilities such as form fragments, form sets, lazy loading - these all ensure ease of form authoring and ensure a high performing user experience

10) Forms Manager to manage all your forms - dictionary translation, initiate review and comment, find relationships between forms and form fragments ect....

The above is a limited list of all the reason to select one implementation versus another but I wanted to at least give you some food for thought.  If you need more detail let me know.

I would request you to please have a look at this post:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni