Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Version control Applications?

Level 3

What is the best way of "backing up" or externally Version Control all the Applications on a development server? How are the Assets and Processes of an Application stored in AEM Forms? Is it possible to configure it to store them in a Git repository?

4 Replies

Level 2

I am assuming you are using the AEM Forms JEE and using Workbench to create the applications/processes. 

Unfortunately, there is no out of the box way to connect with GIT or SVN etc.

We typically exported the LCA and stored the LCA in version control systems. 

Regards,

Priyank Pardiwala 

Level 3

Yes, that is how we use it. Do you know where the application stores the processes and the assets? Are they stored as XML, or is that only a way of exporting them? I expect that would be the optimal version controlled source since you then could diff them easily.

Level 3

Today I stumbled on "Check out CVS Project" in the "Cheat Sheets" section. Those instructions and "Click to perform" doesn't work in my 6.1 Workbench. Are they supposed to work, or is this just something that Adobe forgot to remove from Eclipse when they did the Workbench package?

Level 3

Today I stumbled on "Check out CVS Project" in the "Cheat Sheets" section. Those instructions and "Click to perform" doesn't work in my 6.1 Workbench. Are they supposed to work, or is this just something that Adobe forgot to remove from Eclipse when they did the Workbench package?