Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Tab out required field validation on numeric field

Level 2

Hi,

I am using a numeric field in my adaptive form. Even though I mention it as a required field, when I exit out of the field, the validation is not being triggered. Only when I try to submit the form, the required field validation is being triggered. However, for a text field which is a string in my JSON data model, the validation is being triggered right when I exit out of the field. Should I add custom logic for this? Or is there a way to do it OOTB?

Thanks in advance for the help.

4 Replies

Level 10

I thought validation only occurs when you submit. Unless the form is bring submitted - why would you want validation logic to fire?

Level 2

Our project needs the validation to trigger if the user exits out of the field. It does work for a string but not if the field is a number in the data model.

Level 10

I do not know if that is supported - checking with the team. Like I said however - only seen validation fire in web sites when a form is submitted.

Level 2

Thank you . That would be helpful.

PNC Credit Card Application  Check this application and exit from the fields without filling anything. You can use it as an example .