Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Suggestion required for Aem 6 architect certification(9A0-385)

Community Advisor

I am preparing for AEM 6 architect exam on the bases of Adobe Certified Expert Exam Guide (https://app-cdn.adobe.com/content/dam/spp_assets/public/public_3/NEW_Jan_2017_AEM_6_Architect_EG.pdf )

Seeking more inputs over exam content or guidelines.

Thanks

Brijesh Yadav

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Thanks Kautuk,

I had my exam last week and Now i am AEM certified  Architect

Administrator

That is fantastic. Congratulations!!

I would recommend you to also share your experience here so that future aspirant can also get benefits from your experience.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Hello Brijesh,

Can you please share your experience?

I am also planning to appear for the same.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Level 3

+ 1 - Brijesh , the experience if you can share here, will be helpful to many a folks

Level 3

Dear kautuksahni​,

I went through the NEW_Jan_2017_AEM_6_Architect_EG.pdf as available on https://app-cdn.adobe.com/content/dam/spp_assets/public/public_3/NEW_Jan_2017_AEM_6_Architect_EG.pdf

I find a few facts that I would request some clarification around, enlisted below:

1. The Exam Fee is stated to be $180 , however at Pearson VUE checkout section this appears to be $120 and that added doubts in my mind, i double-checked the name of exam and the exam name read as : 9A0-385  Adobe Experience Manager 6 Architect Exam  - English  - (ENU) . Query now is : So, does the exam guide need any ammendment or have i registered for a different exam than the stated in the guide ?
  2. The exam guide states that only 2% of the weight-age is given to what I believe should be the core focus of the exam i.e. designing a solution architecture using AEM (refer the screen capture attached:

1333823_pastedImage_11.png

Could you or someone from the enablement team help me understand this low percentage allocation to a topic that I sense should

carry more weight-age?

Thanks,

Hemant

Administrator

hemantbellani I have asked the internal team to look at this one.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

Thank you Kautuk! look forward to a some clarifications soon.

Administrator

Hi Hemant

The updated exam guide can be seen at Shared Files - Guide , but you will still see 2% listed for one of the sections.  The reason for that is that there are 50 questions spread out over 12 sections, and that section has very few questions.  We have subject matter experts determine how many questions there should be per section, and that is how the weights were arrived at.

If the registration for the exam is a candidate in India, the exams get discounted there to be $120.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

Hi Brijesh,

Can you share your experience here?

It would be really helpful.

Regards,

Shallu