Expand my Community achievements bar.

Shared item in inbox isn't working

Level 1

I've attempted to share an item in someone's inbox with another user.  It shows the "Shared with other user(s)" icon next to the item but when I click the share button again it doesn't show who it was shared with and the person I shared it with does not see the item in the their inbox.  I also tried impersonating the person the task is currently assigned to but cannot seem to share it as the dropdown to select a person does not ever populate.

so two things:

why does the sharing not seem to take?

why can't users other than admins get results in the user dropdown to share tasks or inboxes?

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

@Qwerty6 

Thanks for raising the concern.

Another customer reported a similar issue that the task assigned to a user should not be locked by default it defeats the purpose of sharing.

We have a feature request logged with the product management, and once approved, this feature should be part of the upcoming release. 

I can share the Jira# with you for your future reference.

Hope this helps!

Employee Advisor

@Mayank_Gandhi 

I don't see the feature pack being rejected but under review, considering the different challenges of concurrency when different users check simultaneously.

@Qwerty6 We will check this internally for any workaround specific to AEM workflows and get back to you.

Employee Advisor

@Qwerty6 this is expected as the task claimed are initially locked. You can set the "task initially locked" to false in workbench or the user need to unlock it. 

Mayank_Gandhi_0-1667288606287.png

Level 1

@Mayank_Gandhi 

this is AEM 6.5 and I don't see anything where I've set the task to be locked 

Qwerty6_0-1667312016652.png

Employee Advisor

@Qwerty6 You are using AEM workflows in OSGI my screenshot is from JEE workbench. This setting is workbench specific. 

Level 1

@Mayank_Gandhi if I didn't use workbench, how can it be locked?  or does workbench have to be used to make it not locked?