Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

"status" and "owner" parameters are not required in form action

Level 2

Hi,

I have written a custom form action that redirects the user to a thank you page after the data is submitted. But I am getting two parameters in the thank you page "status=Submitted" and "owner=Anonymous". I do not need these parameters.

However, I am getting these parameters in out of the box forms actions as well like "Save".

How can I fix this?

3 Replies

Level 7

I assume you are configuring a REST endpoint? I think these parameters are automatically passed in via the submission service.

Have you tried configuring an internal POST request? Those parameters will still be present but they should not show up on the thankyou page URL

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Configuring the Submit action

Level 10

Here is our custom form action article. I have never seen those parameters when creating a custom form action -- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a custom action for an Adobe Experience Manager Form compon...

Level 4

Hi Hitesh,

In your custom submit action post.POST.jsp you can remove status and owner paramters from GuideSubmitServlet's redirect parameters object. Here is the sample code

Map<String, String> redirectParameters = GuideSubmitServlet.getRedirectParameters(slingRequest);

if(redirectParameters==null) {

redirectParameters = new HashMap<String, String>();

}

redirectParameters.remove("status");

redirectParameters.remove("owner");