Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Number of Form templates

Level 10

Hi,

In my project I have 90 different forms.

Could we have a Master template with just header and footer and all Templates are derived out of it?

That way, I will have to author header and footer only once and it affects all templates and forms.

Typically in implementations how the number of templates is decided?

In my case, since all 90 forms are different, except in header and footer, is it reasonable to assume 90 templates?

Highly appreciate all your support.

Thanks,
Rama.

5 Replies

Level 8

You would have a single template that has the header and footer information.  When a form is created the header and footer on the template would appear.  The downside is if you change the header and/or footer then the template would have to be applied to each of the form designs to reflect the update.  Your other option is to use fragments but the form author would be responsible to add the header and footer fragments to their form design.  To ensure this occurs you could have the Adaptive Form to go through a review process using Form Manager prior to the form being published to production.

Level 3

Hi Rama,

Could we have a Master template with just header and footer and all Templates are derived out of it?

No. There is no concept of 'template' of 'template'.

But you can do that, if you are on 6.2. You can go to template editor and create an AF template. And keep header and footer locked in 'structure' layer, so no author creating form out of that template will able to modify it.

Also if you update the template header and footer, all forms created out of that template, will show updated header and footer.

https://helpx.adobe.com/aem-forms/6-2/template-editor.html

Typically in implementations how the number of templates is decided? 

It depends on how many forms share same content, in same order.

In my case, since all 90 forms are different, except in header and footer, is it reasonable to assume 90 templates?

Why will you create 90 templates. You will just need to create one template with locked header and footer. And create 90 forms from this template.

Can you elaborate on your use case?

Level 10

Hi Steve,

Could we get in to Adobe Connect for 30 mins today please?

I am not able to effectively explain the use case.

I highly appreciate all your help.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 8

I'm in my connect room now, I sent you a private message with the room address

Level 10

Hi Steve,

I am sorry, by the time I saw your note, it was past the time.

On Monday, could you please spare 15-20 mins in the evening IST?

I will make sure that I block my calendar and will not have any tasks during that time.

I highly appreciate all your support.

Thanks,

Rama.