Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

No "data type: XML" for SubProcess?

Level 3

I'm trying to make my first reusable Subprocess. It takes XML as input and generates XML as output. It is meant to use XPath for both input and output in order to make it flexible. Now, when I instantiate it in Another process and try to set XPath for input and output it fails. I also notice thatboth input and output has "data type:Document" instead of XML. I can work around the problem by adding a "Set Value" activity before and after the instantiation and then do the XPath there and just use Variable for input and output. It works, but is not nice and not what I wanted. Can anybody explain why the data type can't be XML and why the XPath don't work direct with my Subprocess?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

I modified the process with the xpath that you showed in your screenshot and it works here....

I have attached the modified lca, like last time I had to rename it to jpg. Does this new process work? If not then what version of AEM/livecycle are you using? And what input xml are you using?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 7

Hi Bjorn,

I have made an example lca based on what I have understood from your question. If it isn't what you mean, can you amend the example showing your problem?

The input XML I was using with this is like this:

<root>

<node1>test1</node1>

<node2>test2</node2>

</root>

P.s. you will have to rename from .jpg to .lca (as it wouldnt let me upload an lca)

Level 7

Hi Bjorn,

I have made an example lca based on what I have understood from your question. If it isn't what you mean, can you amend the example showing your problem?

The input XML I was using with this is like this:

<root>

<node1>test1</node1>

<node2>test2</node2>

</root>

P.s. you will have to rename from .jpg to .lca (as it wouldnt let me upload an lca)

Level 3

Hi,

Yes, the setup is similar to your example. What I want to do is to be able to use XPath when assigning input and OutPut. I will get an error if I do it as my example in the attached image. This image aslo shows that the input and output of the subprocess is types as Document and not XML.

/BS

Level 3

Hi,

Yes, the setup is similar to your example. What I want to do is to be able to use XPath when assigning input and OutPut. I will get an error if I do it as my example in the attached image. This image aslo shows that the input and output of the subprocess is types as Document and not XML.

/BS

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

I modified the process with the xpath that you showed in your screenshot and it works here....

I have attached the modified lca, like last time I had to rename it to jpg. Does this new process work? If not then what version of AEM/livecycle are you using? And what input xml are you using?

Level 7

Hi,