Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

need good example of Invoke Form Data Model Service

Level 5

Hi so I have been able to now submit my adaptive form invoking a workflow. and it is sending an email with the DOR (pdf of the form) all is good …. now I want to add a step "Invoke Form Data Model Service" which I think can submit the data into Dynamic CRM. or maybe there is a different step to post the data into Dynamics CRM???

if you have more doc or videos on how to accomplish this I will appreciate it.

1804454_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

just click the add button to add another attachment in send email component

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Level 5

workflowuser​ that is a good example but the "Set Worflow Metadata" does not exist.

1805539_pastedImage_0.png

1805664_pastedImage_2.png

will this one do the same thing??? is there any documentation on the Process steps??

1805663_pastedImage_1.png

Employee Advisor

It is custom bundle that is provided as part of the article assets

Level 5

workflowuser​ very well. will the "metadata processor" work ? Do you know of documentation that will explain this steps?

Employee Advisor

No that will not work

you will have to use the assets given in the article

Level 5

workflowuser​  I did install the example on the article and below is the workflow it did not bring the "Set Workflow Metadata" option. when open the step it is blank. Again the custom bundle might have work for the person who did it.

1805717_pastedImage_1.png

1805718_pastedImage_2.png

So either I use something OOB from AEM forms workflow or I learn how to use or build a custom process. Either way is there any documentation on AEM about this steps process????? 

I found this on the Process Step

Workflow Step Reference

and this

Workflow Step Reference

but nothing on the Metadata Processor which is part of the DAM Workflow

1805719_pastedImage_7.png

Level 5

another idea would be to use a workflow to extract the data from the Adaptive form into a Json file and then send an email with the Json file and the pdf (DOR) attached. can that be done?

when submission of the form I need to send the pdf and the data (Json) on an email

Employee Advisor

You do not need dam workflow step for using invoke form data model step.

in Fact you do not need any custom process step for using invoke form data model step in your workflow

that video used it for that particular use case

Employee Advisor

Search for using json variables in AEM workflow

Level 5

ok so I will not use the DAM Workflow step just the Invoke Form Data in there I have two options

one is using a JSON file but how do I get that json file? how does it get created?  I also would like to read documentation about this option.

1805739_pastedImage_3.png

or I can use this option, which also have that check box if you want to use a JSON input.

I can see my model fields there and I have to choose "retrieve from workflow metadata" because I want to retrieve the inputted values on my form but how do I fill in that textbox? examples? format?

1805738_pastedImage_2.png

or using the checkbox. then I have to know again where the Jason file comes from same as above. and again the service arguments would need to be filled.

1805744_pastedImage_5.png

I am sure that this thread will help people coming after me I do not find any threads that talk about this Invoke Form Data Model Service in details. thank you for your patience

Employee

Hi Augusto,

Is your form data model ready? Can you paste the schema or screenshot of your form data model here?

Regards,

Khushwant Singh

Employee Advisor

The json file will come from the submitted adaptive form data

the name you specify in the submit option of adaptive form will have to be used here

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating and Using JSON Variable in the AEM Workflow

Level 5

KhushwantSingh​ I have created a FDM from a connection to Dynamics CRM. i am using only one table pcx_case and I am retrieving only 1 record which i hard code into the properties.

1805745_pastedImage_2.png

Level 5

workflowuser​ thank uyou workflowuser but I am in AEM 6.4 and variables of type Json are only available in AEM 6.5

Employee Advisor

you will have to do the following

Configure your AF to invoke AEM Workflow  The Data File Path is the name of the file that will store the data from the AF submission.

You then use the same name in your send email component as shown in this second screen shot

1805764_pastedImage_0.png

1805774_pastedImage_1.png

Level 5

workflowuser​ yes I got the json file. before the data file path was eoir27.pdf and I when submit it would send the pdf on the email. can it only send one of them??? :-O ! I need bothhhhh in the emailllll

1805877_pastedImage_1.png

1805880_pastedImage_4.png

BEFORE:

1805881_pastedImage_5.png

1805885_pastedImage_6.png

1805886_pastedImage_7.png

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

just click the add button to add another attachment in send email component

Level 5

workflowuser

SUCCESS!! thank you very much now I can sleep on the weekend!

1805891_pastedImage_0.png