Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Issue with GuideDatePicker Display picture clause

Level 2

I am using out of box Guide Date Picker in my adaptive form(s) and noticed an issue with display format picture clause. I need to display date in MM/DD/YYYY format and configured Date picker with below values.

Display Pattern : date{MM/DD/YYYY}

Validation Pattern : date{MM/DD/YYYY}  (Enabled Same as display format Check box in Date picker config)

Edit pattern : date{MM/DD/YYYY}  (Enabled Same as display format Check box in Date picker config).

was initially trying to input "Jan  11th  2018"  and entered 1/11/18. This fired a validation saying that field is not filled in expected format. ( expected behavior )

However, if the user placed a “0” in front of the month (01/11/18) it flipped the date to 11/01/2018 ( November 1st 2018).

The behavior is not consistent and creating lot of confusion for end user due to incorrect display format.

It is difficult for me to handle formatting manually in validate event scripts since I have multiple date fields in form and having complex dependent validations ( on value commit and validate events) .Please suggest a cleaner solution to handle issue(s) with auto formatting.

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Abhilash,

I was unable to reproduce the issue at my end, please confirm the browser, Forms and the CFP/SP version on your instance.

Level 2

Hi Mayank,

Thanks for the response. Please look at below details of my AEM instance. I have posted a video in this thread for your reference.

Adobe Experience Manager (6.3.0)

Service Pack : aem-service-pkg-6.3.2.zip

CFC: aem-6.3.2-cfp-1.0.zip

AEM forms Addon package :AEM-FORMS-6.3.2.1-WIN-4.1.70

Browser-Chrome,IE

Please let me know if I need to override any formatter specific scripts inside libs to fix this problem.

Level 10

I recommend creating a small video and show use on different browsers too. Mayank was unable to reproduce.

Level 2

Thank you Scott for your response. I made small video on Demo form. I have used Chrome for making video and this issue is occurring in IE and other browsers as well.

Below are details of my AEM instance.

Adobe Experience Manager (6.3.0)

Service Pack : aem-service-pkg-6.3.2.zip

CFC: aem-6.3.2-cfp-1.0.zip

AEM forms Addon package :AEM-FORMS-6.3.2.1-WIN-4.1.70

Browser-Chrome,IE

Level 2

Hi Mayank / Scott

Did you get chance to look at the video posted regarding this issue ?

Employee Advisor

Hi Abhilash,

I was not able to replicate the issue on my  local instances. Can you share the sample form package with me?

Level 1

@abhilash1289-TP 

Were you able to find a solution to this problem? We are experiencing the same issue. When a user enters a date as MM/DD/YYYY, the out-of-the-box date field reads the input as DD/MM/YYYY no matter what patterns are set for display, validate, or edit. Our current setup is as follows:

Display Pattern : date{MM/DD/YYYY}

Validation Pattern : date{YYYY-MM-DD} 

Edit pattern : date{MM/DD/YYYY}  (Enabled "Same as display pattern" check box in Date picker config)

AEM 6.5.0

Chrome/Firefox