Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to trigger a workflow after form submission using "Submit to forms workflow submit action"?

Level 7

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to trigger a workflow after form submission using Submit to forms workflow submit action in the given Submit Action drop-down. After selecting Submit to forms workflow submit action from the drop-down, how can I relate/assign some workflow to this form? I haven't seen any options to select the workflow once we select Submit to forms workflow submit action from the drop-down. I have gone through https://helpx.adobe.com/aem-forms/6/aem-workflows-submit-process-form.html but this explains the different way. 

Please let me know how can I trigger a workflow after form submission using Submit to forms workflow submit action.

Thanks,

AryA.

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi Arya,

Did you try the attachment in the article you mentioned ?

Level 3

Hi Arya,

Did you try installing the package and submitting the form in your local..?

When u submit the form(http://localhost:4502/content/forms/af/SampleAFToTriggerWorkFlow.html) the user submitted data gets stored under the path "/content/usergenerated/content/forms/af/SampleAFToTriggerWorkFlow" which is configured in the adaptive form dialog.

To send the email to the user once the form as been submitted, you need to trigger the workflow by configuring  the launcher with "EventType" as Node Created. The attached package in the document contains workflow,form page and with the launcher configured with the Event type as node created to initiate the workflow.

Refer the screenshots in the attachment.

Regards,

Vinay

Level 3

adding the content path where the user data gets stored.

Level 7

HI Arya,

As Lokesh said, if you follow the instruction you should be able to achieve your goal. If you are facing any issues or error in the process, please post it here and then the members might be able to help you.

Thanks

Tuhin

Level 7

Hi All,

I have tried that and its working but that is not I want. My requirement is to trigger the workflow using the option provided by Out-of-the-box (i.e.) Submit to forms workflow submit action from the given Submit Action drop-down. 

Whenever we select this option from the drop-down, how can I select/assign a workflow that should be called after submission?

Please help me in this.

Thanks,

AryA.

Level 8

As the submit action indicates this is to initiate an AEM FORMS Workflow not an AEM workflow.  You need to install the AEM Forms JEE server in order to get the dropdown to populate.  There are configuration steps required to connect your author/publish instance to get this connection.

Level 7

Hi Steve,

Can you please share me the location of the AEM forms JEE server and the configuration steps?

Thanks,

AryA.