Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

how to build the form summary in AEM forms

Level 4

I recently started using AEM forms. Currently I am working on a requirement where we need to display the summary of all the form fields to the customer before submitting the form. I have come across two out of the box components i.e. "verify step" and "summary step". However these components are displaying a pdf document part of an iframe instead of HTML. But I need to make some styling changes like adding edit links so that the user can edit it. I was not sure whether its recommended to use these components for my requirement. Are there any other OOTB components which I can use for my requirement ?

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Maybe use additional panel and in that show a separate read-only fragment with similar bindings as your AF.

[1] Adobe Experience Manager Help | Adaptive form fragments

Level 4

That would be really helpful. Thanks for the reply !!

Level 4

Thanks for the reply !!

I had a similar thought too and I tried it by creating similar form fileds for the summary as well and disabled them. I was not sure if its recommended to take this route. However I had some challenges in styling them to make it look as a summary page since they were all input fields.

I also thought of an other way where we just create a component with plain HTML of the summary and dynamically bind the values of the form fields to this component using javascript.

Employee Advisor

Styling could be done separately in Style mode. That shouldn't be any problem. I could do that easily - Used Fragment in Summary. See attached doc.

Level 4

I dont see any attached doc except for the fragments url in your earlier comment. Did you attach any ?

Employee Advisor

Previous comment

"Styling could be done separately in Style mode. That shouldn't be any problem. I could do that - used fragment in Summary panel."

Here is the file :

Shared Files - Acrobat.com