Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How can we restrict any file to upload into damadmin in a particular folder in touch UI?

Level 2

Hi guys,

I want to upload only pdfs in my folder as under dam/test in touch UI and restrict to other files like xml,doc etc. I have tried that at this path /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/jcr:content/actions/secondary/create/items/fileupload I have add a property mimyType= application/pdf but the problem is that because of this property, restriction is available for all folder but I want only a particular folder.

So can anyone please help me for this.

2 Replies

Level 10

There is a similar thread there: Restrict file uploads by size & type in DAM upload dialog

The best way to restrict a file is to write a custom Sling Servlet as mentioned in that thread.

Level 2

This is fine but my requirement is that when we go to the dam console in touch UI and we click on create button and then file at that time I want that I will be able only pdfs files not other type of file. And as I already discuss that when I add the property mimeType = application/pdf on the fileupload node, then I am able to select only pdfs but using this approach, this restriction will be for every folder But I want this only for my folder.