Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Get CRX configuration values from Adaptive Forms

Level 2

Hi,

is there a standard way to get specific CRX configuration values from within adaptive forms.

Background:

We are using AEM Forms JEE to develop orchestrations using Workbench. These processes are accessed from within Adaptive Forms using SOAP. Now when we go from development and testing to production we would like to call the services on the production (processing) instance. As the Processing server is configured in OSGI (LiveCycle SDK URL) we'd like to read that configuration value (and potentially others).

Of course we could write a component and/or scripting on the repository side but I would like to understand if the properties are available anyway today and I simply wasn't able to find the correct call.

With kind regards

Maruan

7 Replies

Level 10

In AEM -  write Java based Services that read OSGi config values. See this article for information -- Reading OSGi Configuration Values for Adobe Experience Manager 6.3

Level 3

Maruan Sahyoun​ : The general approach to this scenario is to create a new cloud configuration for your service and add that cloud service to the page where form is used/added. Now you can have different values to these configuration in your different servers(dev, qa& prod).

And in your code you read these cloud config values rather than the OSGI Configs. I have personally used this approach for many of my forms and it saves a lot of development effort and is also generic as per coding guidelines

Hope this helps !!!

Cheers,

Jagjeet Singh

AEM Forms Blog

Level 10

Hey Jagjeet Singh - do you have a blog that shows this approach?

Level 2

Hi Jaghjeet,

maybe it didn't get across. On the Dev & Test AEM Forms server we'd like to call the Dev & Test processing server. After publishing we'd like to call the Prod processing server from the Prod AEM Forms server. If we define a cloud service wouldn't the service address be the same on both instances of AEM Forms?

Kind regards

Maruan

Level 3

The whole point behind making a cloud services is that it is configurable, and you can give the privilege to super-authors and reduce dependency from server administrator.

You can have a configuration parameter for the service url or the server type, and that can be changed as per environment. If you can see how we configure analytics/target/dtm or any such tool using cloud services, you will get a fair idea of what I am trying to convey.

I will try and create a small blog post in a couple of days giving detailed step by step approach for this.

Level 2

I looked into adding a custom cloud service and think I understood what you are talking about. Will be interested to look at your blog post as soon as this is available. Would it also be possible using a Form Data Model to change the (SOAP) URL from Dev to Production? We are already looking into using Form Data Models as a kind of integration layer.

Level 3

smacdonald2008

Currently no, but its definitely on my to-do list. I can prioritize it though if required.