Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Form Submission Issue

Level 3

Hello,

We have a simple form with submit action and Start and End Configured for the form.

We migrated from 6.1 to 6.2 and this stuff works fine on 6.1

On Submit however,we get following error on browser console - 

forms.html:465 Uncaught ReferenceError: cq5forms_isEmpty is not defined(…) for a random field on the form.

Javascript Line - 

if (cq5forms_isEmpty(document.forms["_content_public_jcr_content_customertools_contactreppar_start"].elements["city"])) {cq5forms_showMsg('_content_public_jcr_content_customertools_contactreppar_start','city','Please complete the City field.'); return false; }

Error logs show the following - 

service/forms.html HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetedContentManagerImpl Failed to generate teaser info

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetedContentManagerImpl JSONObject["allTeasers"] not found.

org.apache.sling.commons.json.JSONException: JSONObject["allTeasers"] not found.

Please help.Not sure what teasers json its referring to here since we have a simple form implementation.

Thanks,

Sonali.

7 Replies

Level 10

Are you using an Adaptive Form -- this does look strange as the error is related to personalization and you are not using that. 

Administrator

Moving this post to AEM forms.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

We are using the OOTB Form component.Attached is the image.

Employee Advisor

This is not AEM Forms component- this is AEM capability and hence this question needs to be moved out of AEM Forms forum

Level 3

I figured the  (cq5forms_isEmpty) is gone when I disable clientvalidation(inside start node : clientvalidation=false)

My page however does not redirect as expected when I set the actionType to foundation/components/form/actions/mail ,works fine when actionType= foundation/components/form/actions/store.

It goes to page not found.Any other config I might be missing?

Level 1

Hi, Even I am facing this issue. As if I uncheck the client validation then this error doesnt comes up, But unchecking that restricts the jquery I have written on it.

Level 1

Hi,

I have resolved the issue. When we tick the client validation, submit button behave as type=button and when you uncheck it behaves as type= submit. So if you have unchecked the client validationit behaves as a submit and your custom reditrection doesnt work. So if you want it to work you need to restrict the behavior of submit by using event.preventDefault().

Thanks!!!!