Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

EchoSign With AEM Forms

Level 7

Hi,

1. Created my EchoSign account and obtained the API Key (Integration Key)
  2. Uploaded an image to the cloud, to be used as my signature
  3. Configured EchoSign configuration in the Tools -> Cloud Services of AEM
  4. Opened "Application for health benefits" form template under Goemetrixx Gov package.
  5. Included a panel with Verify Component.
  6. Included a panel with ESign component and configured ESign component to use the config created in step #3.
  7. Filled up the form and saw the form in verify section.
  8. When I went to ESign section, I got the error message ""User email undefined. Unable to generate signable PDF."

Please suggest.

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Answers inline.

1. If two people have the same name Rama, in the real world their signatures will not be the same, but in this case, their signatures will be the same. [You have draw functionality for this, ater typing name just draw  your signature]
  2. What is the use of configuring the signature image in Document Cloud account, if it is not being used. [This is used when you sign any document after logging into doc cloud esign service, In esign within form you don't login to esign cloud]

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Level 9

Make sure the user you have logged in as has email address specified

Level 7

Hi,Girish,

PFA the screenshot, that shows my email id associated with my account.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 7

Please take a look at the steps I followed. (I refined them)

1. Created my EchoSign account and obtained the API Key (Integration Key).
  2. Uploaded an image to the cloud, to be used as my signature.
  3. Configured EchoSign configuration in the Tools -> Cloud Services of AEM (Screen shot in the attachment).
  4. Opened "Application for health benefits" form template under Goemetrixx Gov package. (Screen shot in the attachment).
  5. Configured ESign component in the Sign and Submit Panel to use the config created in step #3. (Screen shot in the attachment).
  6. Previewed the form and entered mandatory fields only. (Screen shot in the attachment).
  7. In the Verify Panel, checked that all my form values are taken while forming the PDF file. (Screen shot in the attachment).
  8. In the Scan and Submit panel, saw the error message:"User email  undefined. Unable to generate signable PDF". (Screen shot in the attachment).
  9. Went back to Step#5 and changed to config to Geometrixx config (shipped OOB) with the same result.

Please let me know what I am missing.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 2

Hi Rama,

The email for the user filling the form needs to be specified for ESign to work (https://helpx.adobe.com/aem-forms/6-1/enabling-eSign-your-adaptive-forms.html). As you are doing a preview of the form using authoring UI, the user would be the form author.

Alternatively, you can render the form using using 'Preview as HTML' in management UI - this would open the form with WCMMode=disabled, and you can use this URL to open the form in a different browser/browser's incognito window - where you can log-in with an alternate user which has email address specified.

Thanks,

-Sudhanshu

Level 7

Hi Sudhanshu,

I tried your route for AEM Forms, by previewing as html in another browser, logged in as nsvsrk@yahoo.com (Adobe Document Cloud / eSign services user), with the same result.

Also created the user nsvsrk@yahoo.com in AEM, made him a member of admin group and tried the same without any luck.

Since this issue is taking a long time for resolution, please connect with me as adobe connect ASAP.

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

Employee Advisor

Also make sure your AEM server is https enabled

Level 7

Hi,

How to achieve this? (AEM server is https enabled)

So many prerequisites are there for esign to work?

Also, I have seen any documentation in this direction.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 1

Hello,

It's a known issue that even eSign is configured successfully and updated  the email for user but still we get an issue in ESign component page in preview of AF.

Workaround for this issue : Go to authoring of AF. Navigate to esign component section. Go to properties of ESIgn component and perform any change to invalidate the cache. Either change the component name,text etc. Save the properties and then render the AF in preview mode. It should work now.

Level 2

Hi,

Please follow the below mentioned instructions.

1.Go to http://localhost:4502/projects.html
2.Go to Tools>Operations>Security>Users
3. Click on Administrator (admin) user
4. Provide valid email address
5. Save and Close.
6. Preview the form.
7. Fill all the required data filed.
8. Navigate to Esign Panel, You will see esign widget loaded after 10-20 secs.

Level 7

Hi Pankaj,

I attached the word file. (S1.docx).

1. I selected a totally different form template, added email to admin (my account) and ran it.

2. The first image in S1.docx is the image I configured in Adobe Document Cloud.

3. The second image asks me to start signing. 

4. When I enter my name as Rama, its corresponding signature is placed on the document, as depicted in the third image.

5. I still saw the "Click to Sign" button on the bottom right (third image).

6. When I clicked this button, I see the fourth image.

Is this the expected behavior?

I thought that the signature image, I configured for my account in Adobe Document Cloud will come and sit in the signature field.

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 7

Attaching the document again.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 2

Hi Rama,

This is the expected behavior.

The configured esign account is the first party here, and applicant is the second party who will sign the application and will be different for each submission, so the applicant need to put their signature in the widget. It never checks whether the email in user profile is the same as configured esign cloud service.

Thanks,

Pankaj Parashar

Level 7

Hi Pankaj,

1. If two people have the same name Rama, in the real world their signatures will not be the same, but in this case, their signatures will be the same.

Is this acceptable?

2. What is the use of configuring the signature image in Document Cloud account, if it is not being used.

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Answers inline.

1. If two people have the same name Rama, in the real world their signatures will not be the same, but in this case, their signatures will be the same. [You have draw functionality for this, ater typing name just draw  your signature]
  2. What is the use of configuring the signature image in Document Cloud account, if it is not being used. [This is used when you sign any document after logging into doc cloud esign service, In esign within form you don't login to esign cloud]

Level 7

Appreciate all your responses.

Now I am knowledgeable on E-Sign functionality.

Thanks,

Rama.

Employee Advisor

How do we sign AF when the form is on publish instance. There is no email id associated with the user when the form is being accessed from publish instance

Level 1

This fixed the issue after adding email ID