Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Despite adding .zip to file Attachment component zip files are uploading but at submission of the form it says zip not supported

Level 4

AEM: 6.5.12
I have added .zip extension to File attachment component and now it lets me upload zip file.
But as soon as I click on submit button an alert pops up saying that the file is not supported.

Vinit_Pillai_0-1651737022999.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Vinit_Pillai 

I didn't test this earlier but seems like zip format is not supported with the Adaptive Form file attachment component.

I tried different options[0] and none of those worked for me.

Supported MIME types are listed here- https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/forms/getting-started/introduction-for...

[0] - 

application/zip
application/x-7z-compressed

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Vinit_Pillai 

I didn't test this earlier but seems like zip format is not supported with the Adaptive Form file attachment component.

I tried different options[0] and none of those worked for me.

Supported MIME types are listed here- https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/forms/getting-started/introduction-for...

[0] - 

application/zip
application/x-7z-compressed

Level 4

One more thing, @Pulkit_Jain_ 
Does this happen, when we click on OK on the alert which says the file is not supported and submit the form again then it submits.?? 
Update: Don't bother, submitting again was successful because the attachment was deleted afterwards.

Employee Advisor

@Vinit_Pillai  due to security concerns zip is not supported. However, you can create a custom component for this similar to aem component design.