Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Custom parsys in OOTB AEM Form

Level 1

I need to implement custom parsys for AEM Forms. In order to do so first of all I need to understand how the default parsys has been implemented. I went through the
/libs/foundation/components/form/end/end.jsp
/libs/foundation/components/form/start/start.jsp
I don't understand how the default parsys is being implemented.

And whenever we drag and drop Form(start) component how exactly End component gets added just after Form(start) component in a page.

@smacdonald2008

Please share any info regarding the same which might help me achieve the above requirement.

5 Replies

Administrator

Moving this question to AEM Forms topic!!

Kautuk Sahni

Level 7

Can you summarise the use case of why you are creating a custom parsys? I just wonder if there is an alternative

Level 1

Use case: I need to implement Steps in the Form. In order to do that I thought of having a custom parsys where I can control what components can be added.

img.JPG

Level 10

Does not look like the right approach here. Instead of trying to overlay parsys, look at writing a custom component that steps users through steps. We have a similar use case here -

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Developing a custom Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 Quiz Component