Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom console - Folder naming rules

Level 2

Hi,

@We created a custom console and when a new folder is created using that console, just filling up the title, using an ID that starts with a number, AEM uses that ID for the name of the folder but adding an underscore as a prefix.

For example, the title of the folder could be "9abc" and when created, AEM defines its name as "_9abc".

Is that an expected behavior?  Can we somehow make sure that the name takes the title ID?

Thanks!

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

Can you share detail on  "custom console"?

Level 2

Hi thanks for the response,

Clarifying with my teammates, it is not directly related with the custom console, the problem resides when a new folder is created in touch-ui.

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 10.46.45 AM.png

Employee Advisor

Can you confirm the AEM version along with Service pack?

Thanks,

Mayank

Employee Advisor

I think it's by design just confirmed with an AEM team person.

Level 2

Hi,

Our understanding is that only special chars are replaced in the name but why the numeric part?

Is there an explanation or is this explained in the documentation?

Thanks.

Employee Advisor

My assumption is you are leaving the name field blank. It would be happening only in this case. Try to fill both the field title and name.

Level 2

Hi, yes definitely filling both works perfectly but the name field is not mandatory, so the author might leave it blank.

We noticed that the dialog for creating a new folder varies from place to place, for example the dialog to create a new folder in the experience fragments console, doesn't automatically fill the name field.

While the dialog to create a new folder in the DAM automatically populate the name field on every keystroke on the title field.

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 5.22.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 5.21.30 PM.png

Employee Advisor

Yes, the code might be different for all the functionalities where you can create a folder and this seems to be a specific case with Exp Fragment where the title starts with an integer. If you feel it a bug or need a clarification maybe you can log a support ticket with AEM team.

Level 3

Hi, which version of AEM are you using?

I am using AEM 6.4 and I created a folder under Experience Fragments without filling the name field, then the result shows as below in screenshots.

Can you try this in fresh installation without your custom code and check?

folder.png

folder1.png

Best,

Cal