Highlighted

Calling REST endpoint from code editor

prabudossh

prabudossh

prabudossh

26-07-2019

Hi,

We have a requirement to integrate AEM forms (v6.3) with salesforce. What I understand is there are 2 ways to do it

1. Create a Form data model using salesforce swagger file/URL (Adobe Experience Manager Help | Configuring DataSource with Salesforce in AEM Forms 6.3 and 6.4)​. The only problem with this approach is that there is swagger file/url is not available to us.

2. Call the Rest endpoints from the code editor. I am assuming this is an option. If so appreciate if there is any article/documentation available on the implementation?

Is there any other options available?

Thx,

Prabu

Replies

Highlighted

workflowuser

Employee

workflowuser

Employee

workflowuser
Employee

26-07-2019

You will have to create swagger file manually

calling the REST endpoint directly from the code editor with out creating form data model will not work as the REST endpoints use authentication

workflowuser

Employee

workflowuser

Employee

workflowuser
Employee

26-07-2019

Or you will have to create OSGI service which communicates with salesforce

but creating the swagger file and creating FDMis the easiest option

Highlighted

Mayank_Gandhi

Employee

Mayank_Gandhi

Employee

Mayank_Gandhi
Employee

28-07-2019

Simply make an AJAX call like any GET/POST request, it would work.  check the sample here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2637181

Highlighted

workflowuser

Employee

workflowuser

Employee

workflowuser
Employee

28-07-2019

how will you authenticate with this mechanism?

SFDC uses oAith 2.0

Highlighted

Mayank_Gandhi

Employee

Mayank_Gandhi

Employee

Mayank_Gandhi
Employee

28-07-2019

The answer is in context to point2 "2. Call the Rest endpoints from the code editor. I am assuming this is an option. If so appreciate if there is any article/documentation available on the implementation?"

Highlighted

Mayank_Gandhi

Employee

Mayank_Gandhi

Employee

Mayank_Gandhi
Employee

28-07-2019

Anyways, Using JSforce you can connect to salesforce even via Javascript. Though handling at server would also be a good idea.

Document - JSforce

Highlighted

prabudossh

prabudossh

prabudossh

30-07-2019

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The above example works and i have also tried with OSGI component. I believe it is working, just waiting for some creds for salesforce connectivity.

We have also built a separate captcha component using 3rd party library. How do we integrate this into the submit action of the form? Meaning on click of Submit button the captcha should be validated before submission

Highlighted

workflowuser

Employee

workflowuser

Employee

workflowuser
Employee

30-07-2019

Why not use the google captcha- we have out Of the box integration with it

Highlighted

Mayank_Gandhi

Employee

Mayank_Gandhi

Employee

Mayank_Gandhi
Employee

30-07-2019

We have out of the box captcha available with AEM forms, easy to integrate and ready to use.