Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Batch processing in AEM

Level 3

I am looking to see if we can do batch processing (printing and file) of forms using Output.  In any given batch we can have multiple envelopes with multiple forms in each envelope.  AEM 6.2 Forms Help | Output Service mentions the generatePDFOutputBatch and generatePrintedOutputBatch operations of the Output service but I do not see those operations in Workbench services or in the wsdl.  The methods that I do see all take a single form as one of the input parameters?  Am I missing something or is the documentation wrong?  Is there a way to process multiple forms in a batch into a single pdf or print file?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

So, the documentation is incorrect (something I am finding a lot of with AEM), generatePDFOutputBatch and generatePrintedOutputBatch do not exist as operations of the Output service.  Any batch processing has to be custom built.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

So, the documentation is incorrect (something I am finding a lot of with AEM), generatePDFOutputBatch and generatePrintedOutputBatch do not exist as operations of the Output service.  Any batch processing has to be custom built.

Level 1

Hi,

1) is on demand batch processing available in AEM Forms ?

For example , if i have a input file with 1000s of input entires and i need to generate pdf ouputs with multiple envelops & forms vice versa.

Employee Advisor

One large xml with multiple records

each record will be merged with xdp to generate pdf file?

Level 1

yes thats correct.

i have one/multiple large xml with multiple records of multiple customers.

so when i execute the xml file, respective templates should be selected and need to get pdf files for all the customers where the rules matches.

Level 1

for example,

if i have customer a, customer b, with records such as name, phone, email etc for both.

i have developed 2 forms. if rule 1 matches then form1 should be picked up and if rule 1 doesnt match then form2 should be picked up.

my assumption is xml can be run automatically thru watch folders and once xml is picked up ,

i will have to get 2 pdf outputs, 1 with custa (in form1 since it matched rule1) and 2nd pdf with custb (form2 since rule 1 didnt match)

is this possible ?

Question 2, if this is possible, then i believe we will be able to send the pdfs to customer as mail or prints.

Employee Advisor

When you send a file to watch folder this calls a workflow. You should check the payload i.e input XML for the value and have two different path for the output service to process the data. These paths would have different xdp and can be merged with XML to process the final results. Consider it like if-else .

Employee Advisor

Everything is possible

you will Have to write some custom code

if you can post a sample of xml I can give you paeudo code