Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Attachments button in AEM forms workspace

Level 2

I saw that the attachments buttons inserted inside an adaptive form are not shown inside the workspace.

Can you tell me the reason?

If I needed to have two different types of attachments, of which only one is mandatory and, for example, that it is only one, with a pdf extension, how should I do?

From what I understood the only way to attach files is by using the attachment tab at the top of the workspace, but in this you can not set the rules described above.

Do you have any advice to give me?

Thanks so much

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Do you want to render the form in workspace only? In workspace files are uploaded via Task attachments tab, as was the case in Mobile Forms. Any File Attachment type button of adaptive form is hidden.

Level 2

So it is not possible to set some rules inside the Task attachments tab, in order to limit the uploaded files to a certain number or to a certain file extension?

Level 7

I would also like to understand why this limitation exists.  It seems we should decide where attachments can be made. for example, my customer wants the attachments to be related to a particular section of the form.  Attaching them in the attachments tab does not allow the attachment to be associated with any particular area of the form. 

Such as

Excel Sheet #1 attached supports Section 1 of the form.

Excel Sheet #2 attached supports Section 2 of the form.

Attaching 2 excel sheets in the task attachments tab doesn't allow for any association therefore we cannot automate anything on the backend without implementing a naming convention which is error prone and inconvenient.