Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Assembler issue: Masterpage definition in XDP?

Level 3

Background

I'm working on a process that combines XDPs with an DDX and Assembler Service. Now I have come across a situaition where if I combine two specific XDPs (each with its own Masterpages) then the last one (the one that gets included into the other) will loose its Connection to its Masterpage and instead use the Masterpage of the first one. This is also shown when I view the combined XDP in Designer. The pattern I have found is that the problem occurs when a form withut pagination element (xdp/config/present/pagination) is combined with one that does have it. Then the first form will dictate that there will be no pagination element and the second one will suffer. I hope that I will be able to fix this with XSLT when I have understood what should be fixed and when.

My questions:

1. How do I read the Masterpage Connection in the XML of the XDP?
  2. Have sombody else had the same issue and found a fix?

/Björn

who likes the new forum where formatting works with IE.

8 Replies

Level 8

Can you please provide the sample XDPs and DDX?

Level 7

I havent faced this issue personally but just a thought - are the Masterpages & Content areas named differently in the XDP's? If you leave the default naming on them then the references in the second XDP might just reference the first Masterpage by name as they both are named the same.

Level 3

Hi! I'm not sure what you mean. Could you give me an example? We have thousands of forms, so I can't change them in the respository. What I can do is to modify them on the fly in the AEM process.

Employee

Hi,

What you are observing is expected behaviour. When you are assembling one XDP after the other, second XDP is stitched w.r.t. the first and properties retained are of the first XDP (base XDP). You cannot have different master pages in the same XDP. By default, the first XDP in the assembly is taken as the base document, the one whose properties will be retained but if you want any other XDP to be treated as base XDP you can add the attribute baseDocument=="true" for that XDP.

<DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/">

<XDP result="out">

<XDP source="xdpIn1" baseDocument="false"/>

<XDP source="xdpIn2" baseDocument="true"/>

</XDP>

<?ddx-source-hint name="xdpIn1"?>

<?ddx-source-hint name="xdpIn2"?>

</DDX>

I hope it answers your query.

Level 8

Just for clarity, an XDP can have multiple master pages, it may be that Assembler XDP stitching doesn't support it

Level 3

OK, thanks.

I have tried some things now and what seams to work is to remove attribute relation in element pageSet of the second form. Do you think that could work in the long run, or will it not work every where or will it have side-affects? This process is only used for Printing multiple forms in one go, and the changes I make will only apply during the "process lifetime" in memory.

Employee

Please supply the sample XDPs (input and output) and the DDX that you are using.