Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

AEM forms server cluster environment setup

Level 2

Hi Team, I need to install AEM forms in a cluster environment to make the forms input - watched folder shared by cluster nodes for load balancing pdf generation. I am trying OSGi option here. I don't see any clear documentation on how do this installation. Please help.

4 Replies

Level 2

Is clustering option available only for JEE ?

Employee Advisor

You can refer AEM document only for the deployment topology for FORMS on OSGI.

Level 2

Thanks for your response. I am just not clear with this part in OSGi option. During installation of AEM and forms addon, is there an option to specify that this is a cluster installation or is this an post installation configuration. In the watched folder configuration, path is expected to be shared network folder in a clustered environment. Based on this, I assume cluster environment setup is available for OSGi AEM forms setup. I am just trying to get this cluster setup done in my installation and don't want to consider JEE option now.

Note: We place the XML in the input folder of the watched folder path, pdf generator uses the XML and xdp files to create pdf.

Watched Folder configuration:

Path: Specifies the watched folder location. In a clustered environment, this setting must point to a shared network folder that is accessible to every user running AEM on different nodes of a cluster. Process Files Using: The type of the process to start. You can specify workflow, script, or service