Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adaptive form URL for an external application

Level 4

Hi,

I am working on a proof of concept to integrate adaptive form with an external application. The external application will call an AEM workbench process as a rest service passing the input xml. The AEM service will return the URL of the prefilled adaptive form back to the external application as below -

http://localhost:8080/lc/content/forms/af/POC/form.html?wcmmode=disabled&dataRef=crx:////content/usergenerated/content/forms/datafile.xml

If the external application is already authenticated for the AEM service, is there a way that the application can render the adaptive form without inputting the login credentials again?

Thanks

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

May I ask why do you need the workbench process?

you can do it easily with out using workbench process and that is the recommended approach

Employee Advisor

As Girish Mentioned, you can directly do post-processing and re-rendering at OSGI side any reason you want to submit the data to JEE workbench?

Can you please confirm how do you plan to manage external authentication for the user?

Level 4

Thanks for the responses. We finally have the OSGI environment set up at our end. I have xdp and adaptive forms deployed on the server which I want to prepopulate from a xml sent from an external system. Based on the form id in the xml attribute, I want to render appropriate form prepopulated with the data. Any pointers on how it can be achieved?