Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Trying to set the image path Dynamically

Level 3

Hi,

I'm trying to set the image in the smart image panel according to the dropdown value.

I tried to the change the value like below

"dialog.getField("./file").fileReferenceField.setValue(result.image);"

dialog.getField("./file").referencedFileInfo.dataPath = result.image;

dialog.getField("./file").originalRefImage.dataPath = result.image;

Nothing worked. Can anyone help me to achieve this.

Thank you in advance

4 Replies

Level 3

This is kind of urgent requirement for me to do. Any help!!

Level 10

Check this post adding images dynamically in smart image http://experience-aem.blogspot.com/2013/12/aem-cq-56-adding-images-in-multifield.html

var image = this.find('xtype', 'imagemultifieldsmartimage')[0];

var fileRefParam = image.fileReferenceParameter;

image.fileReferenceParameter = fileRefParam.substr(fileRefParam.lastIndexOf("/") + 1);

image.processRecord(recCopy, imagePath);

image.fileReferenceParameter = fileRefParam;

Community Advisor

Hi Keerthi

Could you please provide little more insight to your query ?

1) Are you using touch UI ?

2) How are you fetching the image dynamically ? What will be the object type you might have to set to the field you are trying to set ?

Let us know is you have any additional customization you are trying to do to achieve this

Thanks

Veena

Level 3

Hi Veena,

I'm trying this in classic UI and fetching as JSON through ajax.

I wrote a listener for the drop down with"selectionchanged" event. Once the dropdown value changes, the value append to the request and the response is JSON with all the element. In that imagepath is one of them. I'm setting all the values to particular fields. Now got struck with the smartimage field. I wanna set the path in smartimage as the other fields. This is my requirement.

Thanks